Chapter-1 After the Dark

"Why!" Cried Glory, queen of the Rainwings and Nightwings of Pyrrhia.

Her scales were a medium light shade of blue, which stood for sadness and guilt.

"Hey, it's alright Glory. It wasn't your fault, you were under a spell," replied Deathbringer, her bodyguard. He carefully put a wing around her.

"I should have been stronger, why in Pyrrhia did I let them go with Darkstalker?! I shouldn't be thinking like this, it's not good. No one should see me like this... oh moons what am I even saying?"

Even though it was nighttime, Glory was lying on the royal platform meant for sun time. She covered her head with her wings not wanting to look at Deathbringer in the eye. There was only one moon out and she was thankful that it didn't shine very brightly, other wise he would have seen how depressed she was.

Qibli had told her that Darkstalker had put a spell on every dragon in Pyrrhia to like him. When she put on the earring he had given her, she realized that she had made a terrible decision. She was devastated, she should have stopped the Nightwings going with him. It was her job to protect them and she had failed.

"Maybe I was never meant to be queen" she said, barely above a whisper.

"Of course you were," replied Deathbringer. "In fact, I can think of a couple of reasons of why you are the perfect queen."

"Huh, best joke I've ever heard in my life," answered Glory with a roll of her eyes.

Deathbringer ignored her and continued, "You are the most beautiful, caring, smart, and fair dragon in the continent. Only to name a few. Not that I've taken a big notice."

At this, Glory's scales turned the lightest shade of pink. Before her scales could turn a stronger shade, Glory fought down her emotions and kept her scales a purple color.

She uncovered her head and stood up to look at Deathbringer for the first time that night.  

His eyes didn't have the teasing glint they usually had, they were actually full of kindness and...something she just couldn't put her talon on.

"You really think that of me?" Glory asked cautiously.

Deathbringer only nodded and stared at his talons. He wanted to say something else about her, but it wasn't the moment for it. Or was it? There was something telling him he had already said those three special words.

"You didn't have sun time today, so you should go back to your hut and sleep," he quickly said before she led the conversation into unstable territory.

"I guess you're right, I'm really tired and I have a long day tomorrow," she responded hesitantly as she wiped the moist from her eyes.

She slowly walked over to edge of the platform and spread her wings to take flight. She looked over her shoulder and found Deathbringer in the same spot he was when she said she was going to sleep.

She was extremely surprised, the Nightwing assassin usually followed her everywhere she went unless she ordered him not to, even then there were times when he disobeyed.

"Aren't you coming?" she asked reluctantly. Glory didn't want to sound like she wanted him to. Her pride didn't let her.

He only picked his head up and mumbled, "No".

Deathbringer took off from the platform and flew to the sky, where he blended in almost instantly.

The queen was somewhat disappointed that he didn't go with her, but there was no way she was ever going to tell Deathbringer that. Glory's flight was a short one, her hut and the platform weren't really that far away from each other.

So it wasn't long before the queen got that feeling of wrongness that she only got when she was near the tunnels that lead to the old NightWing island and the Sand Kingdom. She took careful steps towards the entrance and took a look inside.

There it was, the present Darkstalker had given her before he had left with most of the Nightwings, and for some reason, it was glowing like a dangerous black light.

————————————————————-

Hi everyone! Thanks for checking out my fanfic for Glorybringer.

If you don't know who I am, I'll introduce myself.

I'm Sofi, I love dogs, books, and Wattpad. You may find random Author Notes here and there, where you will slowly learn more about me as you read The Color of Night.

And yes, my OTPS are Glorybringer and Ladynoir from Miraculous.

Yes. I love Miraculous with all my heart. Especially my black kitty.

I know right now the story doesn't seem interesting, but trust me. If you keep reading there will be shipping.

As you have noticed this isn't an ordinary fanfic. This Glorybringer fanfic will have a storyline and plot.

So please keep reading and commenting your opinions. It really helps me. Thx!

Yeah, I'm coming back to edit stuff and things here and there. So yup. Thas it.

-Sofi