[AC2] You're Gonna Go Far, Kid [1]

Miranda huffed again before retorting to the offending noise behind her by grabbing the remote and promptly turning up the volume higher... again. She didn't look, but she was absolutely sure her mother - the fiery red-head that she was - had just sent a very disapproving glare her way. But really, she had waited all day through school and the long bus ride back home just to get to play XBOX 360 on the big flat screen in the living room. Normally this spot was held for her father, the King of the House, when he was home and watching TV. But not today. Nope. He was out fishing all day and wouldn't be back until late that night.

That had been before her mother had come home with her self-proclaimed 'mage' of a best friend from high school and both of them had started tittering like barn yard hens. Sure, Miranda could've just unhooked the XBOX 360 and relocated back down to her room and TV down the hallway, but as her logic reasoned she had been here first before they came in, thus if she moved now it'd show a definite loss.

And that was unacceptable.

Naturally, as soon as Miranda's attention had been diverted back to Assassin's Creed and in locating Templars and, as she worded it, "being smashed for ignoring her omnipotent demands," that behind her, the mage had given the brunette a very odd look. To this Miranda's mother, Mrs. Highwind, had rolled her eyes at her daughter and replied; "Just ignore her. I've been cursed with a very odd and awkward daughter!"

After this had been uttered along with a Tarot card reading for both, Mrs. Highwind jumped up after looking at the clock on the wall, excusing herself for having to go pick up her youngest child, Matt, from soccer practice and then pick up a few groceries that needed to be bought. "Would you like to come along, Cleo?"

"No, my dear Claire, I think it would be best if I got to know your only daughter better, don't you think?" Cleo smiled, her green eyes twinkling cheerfully.

"Yes, yes, that would be a great idea! That last time you had been here she was just a baby, after all!" The red-head smiled as well, her eyes softening with the memories. "I'll be back in about an hour, then..." she trailed off, grabbing her purse and slipping on old worn out sneakers before rushing outside to make sure she made it in time to pick up Matt.

Miranda remained oblivious to this exchange the whole time, her nose buried in the walkthrough her little brother had gotten her for her birthday last year, marking out the now eliminated Templar on the Kingdom map and searching for the nearest one once again. This thought process was interrupted when Cleo spoke.

"You seem rather fond of this game..." The female gamer looked up suddenly, spotting the dirty-blonde woman with her red messenger bag in her hands looking at the black painted on Assassin's Creed symbol on the front, then to the game case, and to the walkthrough on Miranda's lap.

"Yeah..." the brown-eyed gamer mumbled slowly before returning to her game as if nothing had interrupted her in the first place, the music she put into the XBOX jamming along with her as she went.

"It's not polite to ignore someone in your home, you know, child."

Miranda sighed; getting irritated at all the interruptions during her game play. She just wanted to finish the achievements and then she'd be set for when the new one came out. Turns out 420 flags weren't that easy to find, even with the walkthrough. "I'm a little busy!"

She vaguely noticed her new recent favorite song playing through the XBOX now as she played. Cleo spoke once more. "I've noticed, but can you not talk to someone who is like family while you do so?"

'Show me how to lie, you're getting better all the time

And turning all against the one is an art that's hard to teach