Fake Marriage

The speakers practically bounced up and down. The sound of music blaring throughout the house filled my ear to capacity. I smelled the liquor drifting in the hot air flowing. I brushed past the many bodies dancing in the living room.

Little beads of sweat dripped down my forehead as I took a seat at the island. I motioned the guy behind the island to give me a drink. He poured some alcohol into a red solo cup and handed it to me. I nodded and took a quick swig.

Refreshing.

"Aria. Baby! I've been looking for you all night" A voice yelled from behind me. I didn't have to turn around to know who it was.

"Go home, Scott, you're drunk" I replied with a smirk.

"You know, I could change your life, bae. I love you" Scott slurred, leaning across the island. He placed his hands under his chin to keep his head up.

I shook my head at how ridiculous he got when he was drunk.

"C'mon baby. Graduation is in a week. Let loose. Have fun for once" Scott sang.

"You know what? I think I'm going to get some air" I said, cutting him off.

"I'll come!" He suggested.

"No, no. You stay in here. You have enough air... in your head" I chuckled.

It didn't seem to faze him. In the next few seconds, Scott was already headed to the dance floor. After a bit of stumbling, he finally made it and started to dance. He waved his cup in the air, spilling some during the process.

I wasted no time. I quickly stepped out onto the porch. I would've stayed there, but the couple to my right seemed a little busy at the moment.

I walked down the porch and began down the road.

Spending my Friday night at that party wasn't my best idea. I was planning on drinking away my sorrows, but instead, I sat there watching others drink and others regret. Partying was my way to get out of my daily life. I admit to having a drinking problem. But I don't admit to being an alcoholic.

Graduation was only a week away. Scott was right. I was out there partying, when I should've been in my room looking for colleges. But Aria Joyce Hemming wasn't ready for college. She wanted to stay in Gretchen Fields. She wanted to go to Gretchen High, come home, do homework, and go out partying. She didn't want to face reality. She wanted to stay a little kid. She was afraid of growing up.

A hand, covered by a glove wrapped around my mouth. My first instinct was to run, but I couldn't. The person behind me held my hands behind my back. The person kicked me to the ground and sat on top of me. A white cloth was brought to my mouth, causing me to pass out almost instantly.

I woke up in a beautiful room. The canopy fell along the bed where I was laying. To my surprise, my hands were free and so were my legs. I wasn't tied to the bed like other girls in horror movies. I was free.

The bright rays of the Saturday morning sun poured in from the window. I looked around the room. It was completely white with a hint of brown. The dresser was brown and so was the wardrobe. The frame around the tall mirror was brown as well. At the right corner of the room was a small sitting area. Two white love seats sat across from each other. A glass coffee table with a vase of tiger lillie's sat on top.

The Victorian style door was right across from me. I decided to get up and try to get out. This didn't seem like the average place a girl was brought to when kidnapped. Instead, it felt like vacation.

Just as I was about to turn the knob, the door opened, knocking me right in the face. I stumbled back, catching myself on the chest infront of the bed.

"Miss Hemmings! I'm ever so sorry" the man said. He was dressed as a butler, which I assumed was his occupation. He set down the silver tray he had and tried to reach for my hand. I pulled away in complete fear.

"How do you know my name? Where am I?" I screamed. The butler put his hands up in surrender.

"Well first, let me introduce myself. I'm Benjamin, the butler at the Worthington Estate. You are here, at the Worthington Estate. Why you are here? Maybe Mr. Worthington can answer that to your satisfaction. Follow me. C'mon now!" Benjamin ordered.

I began following him down the outstretched hallway. It felt like we were walking for two miles until we finally reached a huge staircase. At the bottom was a sitting room which I assumed was the living room. It was extraordinary. The red couches and the touch of gold to balance everything out was truly exquisite.

We walked for another two miles to reach the dining room. Never had I seen a dining room table that was as long as an NFL football field. Who needed that long of a dining table?

Benjamin bowed down at the head of the table. I took my seat, keeping my eyes on the man turned around, looking out the window. I kept my mouth shut until he began to speak.

"I see you've met Benjamin" The man said. His voice boomed, creating an echo throughout the house.

I didn't respond.

"You're quiet. Don't you want to yell at me? I kidnapped you on the side of the road and brought you to this marvelous place" He chuckled.

He spun around.

"Anthony?" I replied.

Anthony? He was the one who kidnapped me? Anthony came to Gretchen High his sophomore year. He asked me out a few times, but I rejected him. He was always weird. But I never thought he was this weird.

He moved away at the end of Sophomore year and was never seen again. Since it was the end of senior year, I wondered why would he want to kidnap me?

"Listen. I can explain-" Anthony began.

"Don't bother! You are such a creep! Is this your twisted way of asking me out again?" I yelled.

"No... It's my twisted way of asking for your hand in marriage"