Chapter 14

Aaron's POV

"It's not right for you to drive alone across the city at this time" Dean said putting his hand over Jess's shoulder .

"I  don't have time to think Dean I need to be there" she was so worried about her grandmother who had  an accident and was taken to hospital .

"Let me come with you"

"Okay" with that she stood up and picked her bag .

"Shit  ! Rachel will be alone here . She was expecting me to stay here with her for next few days"

"I will stay with her until you come" I said hesitatedly not sure what she will say

"Aaron i don't think so it's a idea .she will get so mad at me" she said

"I will leave before she will wake up"

"Fine but make sure she don't see you"

************************

I looked around the place . A simple house with simple furniture unlike the home we used to share . How happy we were there and now look at us .

I saw hurt in her eyes when we were sitting in living room . The way Jess and Dean were behaving was reminding us of our good times . How much I miss that and I am sure she too .

Wish I haven't done those mistakes. We would be at our home thinking about the wonderful future we could have but now everything is so different .
It feels so sad , so heart breaking

Just after few minutes my phone rang

"Hello"

" Aaron can you please find my phone I left it at there and send me a number" Jess said

"Do you know where your phone is and whose number you want?"

"I think it's in Rachel's room I left it there when I was putting some stuff there and I want my uncle Mark's number I need to call him as soon as possible so please hurry up" she sounded panicked

"Okay Jess I am going to hang up . I will call you as soon as I find your phone"

"Thank you"

"No problem" with that I hung up

I slowly opened her room's door in order to not wake her up . Just as I enter the room I found her sleeping on floor .

Her eyes were swollen she must have been crying . I bent down and put my arms under her waist and gently carried her in my arms . With slow footsteps I walked towards her bed obseving her pretty face .gently putting her down on bed I covered her body with duvet .

I stroke her hairs gently . I missed her so much . I wanted to stay there forever only if she let me . I leaned in kissed her cheek . She flinched under my touch causing me to become surprised . She was scared like I was going to hit her and its because of me .  I know she can never get over me hitting her .

I took her hand in mine and interlaced our fingers . A single drop of tear fell from my eye on her hand . My heart was aching , the feelings I was getting are hard to explain .  I placed a soft kiss on her forehead . More tears were pooling in my eyes .

All of the sudden a phone rang it wasn't mine nor Rachel's  I quickly ran to couch where the phone was placed . I picked it and walked out of room quickly trying my best to not wake her up .