Poem

"And maybe love isn't always a kiss on a forehead but rather a hug and a kiss that say's "I'm sorry let's not fight" than spilling words out to each other in the heat of the moment that you would regret later. Maybe it isn't about buy her diamond ring's and lace underwear excepting her to wear it for you later that night. Maybe it's leaving her pill bottle next to her phone with a glass of water as a reminder that thing's can get better with a little help. Maybe love isn't about giving fifty fifty each way, maybe it's about giving 100 when that person greatest demons come to visit for the day. Maybe love isn't about writing about how beautiful her body was the first time you saw it and how you'd have never seen anything more raw and natural. Maybe it's about writing how she makes your soul dance in the rain of sunshine and how it also makes your heart ache from time to time when both sides are being stubborn. Maybe it's not about a vow that you both swear to keep but a understanding that sometimes things don't work out and sometimes they do. Maybe it's not about saying I love you every second of every day but showing that love in the simplest of ways like "call me when you get home so I know you're safe." Maybe, just maybe you've been looking for love in all the wrong places and maybe even the wrong people. Maybe the kind of love that you are so hell bound on searching for is taking your pills without no one reminding you or dying your hair the color of the sky because that's the only time when you feel closest to your real self. Maybe the kind of love that you are searching for in another person is already right in front of you when you look in the mirror. Maybe that's where you'll find your one true love. Maybe it isn't a her or him or someone but a you, maybe just maybe you can find the love that you long for in yourself and maybe just maybe if you're lucky enough you'll also meet a person who makes your heart dance in the rain. Maybe that's what love is, loving yourself or maybe it's not. I don't know but when I do I'll let you know."