Chapter 19: Family Problems

Start from the beginning

I grabbed the hand on his head, pulled it off and reached over him planting a kiss on his head. He smiled and snaked an arm around my shoulders. I fit my head in the crook of his neck.

"Why'd you wake me up anyway?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Couldn't sleep. Thinking." I said simply.

"About?" he asked. I sighed.

"About tomorrow. About how Katie is gonna feel when I tell her how horrible her mom is. I know what its like to have a horrible mom Justin. It sucks. You can never have those memories like your mom coaxing you and making you feel better when you first get your period. Or shopping for bras. Stuff like that. You never have those good mom memories and I know what its like to want a real mom that's actually blood related. Katie would be better off with her adoptive mom." I ranted.

"Hey well on the bright side your mom his here now. Not all people can say that." he said trying to make me feel better. I smiled at his attempt and laid a hand on his thigh.

"Yeah I guess." I said still feeling down.

"Maybe you'd feel better if you went to sleep." he said. I looked into his tired eyes and felt guilty. He looked exhausted and I was keeping him up.

"Yeah you're right." I said even though I knew I was just gonna be awake and thinking like I was earlier.

We laid down and got comfortable. We snuggled up against each other. His body was so warm and cozy. Like the home I've never had. Unexpectedly he began stroking my hair and singing softly.

"Across the ocean, across the sea,

Starting to forget the way you look at me now

Over the mountains, across the sky,

Need to see your face, I need to look in your eyes

Through the storm and through the clouds

Bumps on the road and upside down now

I know it's hard, babe, to sleep at night

Don't you worry

'cause everything's gonna be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight

Be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight

Through the sorrow, and the fights,

Don't you worry

'cause everything's gonna be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight

Be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight." 

The lyrics mixed with his voice were so beautiful. Slowly but surely I fell asleep.

********

I woke up the next morning to the bright glare of the sun. I squinted my eyes and groaned irritably. I was definitely not a morning person. Mornings really suck. When I was finally able to open my eyes I looked over at Justin. He was still sound asleep like a little baby. I half smiled as I stared at him. God I love him. I wasn't just saying that either. I really, truly, deeply,from the bottom of my heart, love him.

"I love you." I whispered.

I quietly slipped out of bed and walked over to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth thoughtfully as I stared at myself in the mirror. Gosh I really didn't want to tell Katie about Isabel. The thought made me nauseous. I also didn't want to go see Isabel. Not after everything that's happened. The only way I would be happy to see Isabel was the day we kill her. The day she wasn't a threat. I shivered at the thought.