Chapter 11

Mikey stared at Frank, laughing nervously.

"Don't be silly. I've only been here two days."

"I took you outside yesterday. To the park, remember? You were complaining about having to shower so often."

Mikey struggled to bring the memory up. There was something hazy – green grass? But other than that, his mind drew a blank.

"I... I don't..."

"And the day before that we drank thirteen mugs of coffee," Frank persisted. Mikey held a hand up to his head.

"N-no—"

"Mikey, please!"

"G-Gee's on-only been gone a l-l-little while," Mikey whispered miserably. "H-he'll be back." Frank hugged Mikey fiercely.

"Gerard isn't coming back," he growled. "He abandoned us. He abandoned you."

"But he just called!"

"Because he's an attention-seeking asshole. He's been calling me for weeks, but I tried to make sure you never found your way to the receiver."

Mikey stared at him, lower lip trembling.

"I want my big brother back," he whimpered. Frank sighed and kissed his cheek gently.

"I know."

Mikey paused. Did Frank just...?

"Oh, shit, I'm sorry, Mikey," the shorter male said hurriedly. "I just–" Mikey shut him up by pressing their lips together.

It was rushed, and he thought Frank would pull away, but to his surprise the shorter man pulled him closer.

His mouth moved hungrily against Mikey's, and the lanky male felt a flash of concern; he'd never kissed a man before. But he found himself enjoying the feel of Frank's warm lips against his own. They were a little chapped, but Mikey didn't mind. He'd wanted this for so long.

Was this wrong?

Certainly, a lot of religions and beliefs taught that same-sex relationships were wrong, or not as desirable as hetero.

But fuck, Frank was hot. Mikey had spent about six months being very depressed over his attraction to this man, misery only made worse when Gerard disappeared.

He gently pulled away, watching Frank fearfully. He half expected the guy to slap him and kick him out, but Frank just... hugged him.

Mikey blinked. "Do... are you angry with me?"

Frank's lips twitched into a smile. "Why would I be?" He slowly stroked circles on Mikey's chest.

"Um, it's just..." Mikey gulped. "I'm not sure how you aren't freaking out. I'm a guy and I just kissed you."

Frank looked a little sad. "I'm used to guys kissing me. You know, on stage and everything..."

"Oh," Mikey mumbled. Frank sighed.

"I'm sorry."

"N-no, it's okay." Mikey looked sheepish. "Did you... did you like me kissing you?"

"Best kiss I've ever had," Frank sighed dreamily. Mikey's cheeks were red, and the shorter man smiled. He pushed Mikey's glasses up his nose (they'd been slipping down), and stretched. "Well, I'm hungry. You?" He stood up and helped Mikey to his feet.

The taller male felt like he was in a daze. He was sure that crushes almost never liked him back.

Apart from those people who'd turn up to shows with Mikey Way shirts.

They scared him sometimes, though. Ah, well.

Gerard was always there to protect him. And if he couldn't, Frank or Ray or anyone would distract the rabid fan.

According to most people, Mikey was the "smol" of the group.

Apparently that meant he needed protecting. Mikey liked the fans who were polite and nice, and just wanted a hug or something.

Rabid fans terrified the shit out of him.

Luckily he had such good bandmates, or he'd very easily be overwhelmed.

Frank yawned and walked out of the bedroom, leading Mikey by the hand. Mikey was a little confused as to why Frank had agreed to kiss him, but it wouldn't be the first time that the short male had kissed another man. It was probably a "spur of the moment" thing that Frank always said he had with Gerard. Stupid Gerard. Mikey wondered if Frank was right, and that he really was losing his mind. Was he really going insane over the loss of his brother?

That made no sense. Gerard said he'd come back; Mikey had to believe him.

But what if he doesn't? Mikey's mind asked.

Shut up, he told it. He followed Frank downstairs and stood in the kitchen as his friend started to get what looked like a cookie jar out of the cupboard. Mmm. Cookies.

Mikey's stomach rumbled and he rubbed it ruefully. Frank laughed slightly and looked back at him.

"Well, someone's hungry."

"You just said you were hungry."

"I am. It appears you are too." Frank gave him a smirk and a cookie. Mikey wasn't sure which he liked more.

He decided eating the cookie would be good, so he shoved it in his mouth. Frank raised an eyebrow.

"Mikey, be careful. I don't want to have to tell your parents that you choked to death on a cookie."

"That'd be a nice way to go," Mikey said wistfully. Frank shook his head, exasperated.

"You're weird." He grabbed Mikey's hand and walked into the front room, grinning. Mikey finished his cookie and looked down at the shorter guy in confusion.

"What are we doing now?" he asked, his puzzlement leaking into his voice.

Frank shoved him onto the couch and clambered on top of him, making Mikey go bright red.

"Uh, Frank–"

"I'll tell you what we're going to do," Frank declared. "We're going to kiss each other until you're smiling."

"But I'm already smiling," Mikey whined.

Frank shrugged. "Then we'll just kiss each other."

Mikey raised a tentative hand up to the back of Frank's neck. "I like this suggestion." Then he hesitated. "Have we ever kissed before, and I just don't remember?"

"Mikey, this morning was the first time I have dared to kiss you." Frank curled his fingers into the other male's hair. "I want to do it again."

"Okay," Mikey mumbled. Frank grinned and leaned down, pressing their lips together.

Mikey loved this already.