Chapter 7

Frank visited Mikey a few more times, but was disappointed and hurt when his friend didn't talk to him or even look his way.

He was getting worse.

Once, Frank had heard him whimpering and saying over and over again, "I'm sorry, Gee, I'm sorry, Gee, I'm sorry, Gee."

Frank and Mikey's parents were obviously very worried about him. His mental state had deteriorated so much that he now had to see someone about it.

Frank just hoped they could help him.

About two weeks later, Frank was scouring the streets for Gerard. He was angry at him, yes, but he was just desperate for Mikey to smile again. He wanted the man to notice him. He hated it when he didn't.

Okay, so maybe he was a little bit of an attention seeker. But he couldn't help it. The Way brothers had him caught and he couldn't get free.

Sighing, he stopped outside an alley and folded his arms over his chest. He hadn't been visiting Mikey lately because he didn't want to see his friend so crushed by everything that was happening to him.

He knew it wouldn't be doing Mikey's anxious mind any good, and that the lanky man would probably think that he now hated him, but he just couldn't bear it anymore. Mikey was just so... broken.

Shivering slightly, Frank cast a glance towards the hospital Mikey was in. It was so close that he could walk there and ask to see Mikey now. But he didn't. He didn't want to. He didn't want to sit there while Mikey ignored him and begged nothingness to give Gee back.

It hurt his heart to see the younger Way brother like this. He wanted the more mentally stable Mikey back.

He felt guilty about telling him that Gerard had come back just to sleep with him. To be honest... Frank guessed Gerard was just using him for a bit of pleasure and that made him feel absolutely filthy. Like a whore.

Shuddering slightly, he looked back at the hospital in anguish. He could only imagine what Mikey was going through. His brother had come back just to fuck his friend and hadn't even tried to find him.

Frank had actually felt so bad that he let himself into the Way brothers' house and updated the note Mikey had left when he moved out.

It now read, in scrawled handwriting, "Mikes is in hospital. When he gets out he's going to Frank's house."

Brief, but it'd do. It was better than sending Gerard to Ray's house. That was just as empty as the Way brothers' residence.

Frank sighed and started to walk home. He was tired and stressed and did not need to think about Gee any more than he had been.

Worse than that was his visit to Mikey yesterday. Frank's heart had pretty much melted in his chest when Mikey, sounding slightly delirious, has muttered,

"Make the pain go away, Frankie..."

I wish I could, Mikes, he thought glumly. He reached his place and let himself in, stretching slightly. Mikey was due to be released from hospital tomorrow, so Frank would have to go and face him. He'd also have to remind him to take the meds that he was given, because the guy would probably forget. And he'd have to make sure that Mikey slept properly. Eight or more hours. Preferably more.

Frank sighed and rubbed his eyes, closing the front door. He just hoped he could help Mikey through this. He also hoped Gerard would get his ass home. All of this was way too much stress. Frank sighed and fell down onto his couch. He was acting weird and he knew it. He was never this worried or anxious.