"Well, time to go" he said, "But I'll see you all soon."

Hugo gave them each a tight hug even Clemi (who squirmed uncomfortably).

"Bye, Hugo," Viola called as the curly haired boy went to greet his family. He turned back to Viola with a wave before running to give his mum a hug.

Hugo's parents waved at Viola, and so did Lance, then the family made their way down the crowded station.

"Should we all try to find our families?" Ava asked.

Viola nodded, then the three girls set off, considerably more quiet now that Hugo was gone. They squeezed themselves and their luggage through the crowds of families and students.

Suddenly Clemi said, "I have to go."

Viola and Ava looked around. Clemi was already walking away. They stopped in their tracks.

"Oh, bye," said Viola.

"Have a nice year!" Ava called.

Clemi gave a backwards wave. Viola watched as Clemi went to greet an old woman. The old woman kissed Clemi on the cheek, and Clemi didn't seem to resist the affection.

"That was an emotional goodbye," said Ava with a small laugh.

"Well, it is Clemi," said Viola with a shrug. "I think Hugo is right when he says she's hurting. And she's hiding why she's hurting . . . Hugo said he was going to try and find out, but I don't know if he ever will."

"Well, of anyone can, it'll be Hugo," said Ava.

The two continued to walk until Viola spotted a dark-haired man waving at her.

"Oh," said Viola. She halted. "That's my father."

Ava gave Viola a sidelong glance.

"I guess I'd better go," said Viola, but she made no inclination as to going anywhere.

Ava reached over and squeezed Viola's arm.

"It won't be so bad, Viola," said Ava.

"You don't know my parents," said Viola with a shake of her head. "It's not that they hurt me or anything it's just that . . . they don't love me." Viola finished dully.

"Well," said Ava, "In a couple of weeks, you'll be coming to Hugo's house with the rest of us - apparently - and you'll be with people who do love you."

Viola looked up at Ava with her brown eyes wide.

"Do you all really love me?" said Viola.

"I do," said Ava with a smile. "And I know Hugo does too."

Viola was so overwhelmed by this, she didn't know what to say. All she could do was hug Ava tightly.

Then she gave a strangled "goodbye" and went running off to meet her father.

When Viola reached him, she peered around nervously. "Mum's not here?"

"No," said Roderick.

He moved forward, and hugged his daughter. Viola couldn't have been more surprised if Professor Snape had shown up to class in a tutu and ballerina slippers. It was an awkward hug between two people very out of practice, but it was a hug nonetheless.

Viola's felt heart felt close to exploding with all the love and affection she was receiving that day.

Together Viola and her father gathered her things, then they headed toward the barrier.

"Did you have a good year?" asked Roderick.

Viola didn't answer right away.

She though about Cedric's death, the rivalry between her and Ginny, failing to enter the Triwizard Tournament, and Ben asking her to the Yule Ball only as a dare.

But then she thought about the fact that her and Ginny were now friends, the little pet hedgehog she now owned, and all the time she'd spent with Hugo, Ava and Clemi.

"It was good," said Viola finally. And she smiled.

"Glad to hear it," said Roderick.

"Viola!"

Viola was surprised to hear someone calling her name. She looked around as saw someone in a yellow jumper breaking away from a crowd of red-heads. It was Ginny.

Out of habit, Viola felt a twinge of dismay at the sight of her. But she quickly reminded herself that everything was good between them. The two bat-bogey hexers would never be enemies again.

🦇🦇🦇

Ginny bid her friends goodbye at the station. Then, after telling Michael she'd write to him, she set off with her family, and, of course, Harry and Hermione.

They were nearing the barrier when Ginny saw someone she hadn't had the chance to say goodbye to yet. Viola Lestrange was walking away with her father. Ginny immediately made a beeline for her.

"Ginny, where are you going?" Molly demanded.

"I need to say goodbye to my friend," said Ginny. "I'll only be a minute, mum." Then she called. "Viola."

At the sound of her name, Viola looked around.

"Hello," said Ginny, coming to a stop in front of Viola. "I just wanted to say a quick goodbye."

The two girls hugged. Viola gave very awkward hugs, while Ginny gave hugs like her mother, so it worked out well.

"I hope you have a nice year," said Ginny.

"You too," said Viola with a grin. Then her grin faded a little. "By the way, I really am sorry about everything I did-"

Ginny cut in with a shake of her head. "It doesn't matter anymore. All is forgiven."

Viola smiled at Ginny gratefully.

"And from now on," said Ginny with a grin, "us Bat Bogey Hexers should stick together."

The end.