2

Ira Lestrange was unlike any other muggle who had stepped onto platform 9 3/4 for the first time. Most muggles stopped stock still and stared in amazement at the brooms sweeping the stations by themselves, the owls in cages, and the children running about with wands. Ira disregarded these fantastical things, and the only thought in her mind was how grimy the whole place seemed. Everything from the people, to the horrendously painted train seemed extremely shabby to Mrs.Lestrange.

Ira Lestrange came from a rich family, and she had made her own fortune in life by be coming a famed coat model. This being the case, Ira was used to a very toff way of living.

"My this place is in utter shambles!" Said Ira, to her husband Roderick as they moved further down the platform. "Is Hogburts as filthy as the train station?"

"Hogwarts," corrected Roderick. "Er, well it's a old and drafty castle. But it isn't a bad school. I learned loads there."

Ira waved a hand dismissively.

"I couldn't care less of it were the worst school in the country as long as we are getting that child out of the house!"

Viola Lestrange's reaction to the platform was much different than her mothers. The girl gazed about in wonder. Excitement danced in her stomach at the sight of the scarlet steam engine which would bare her away from all the misery of home. There were many excited eleven year olds on the platform that day, but Viola may have been the most excited of them all. As Viola strode toward the train, like a girl in a dream, with her trunk rolling behind her, her attention was captured by a red headed family near by. A plump woman was looking about anxiously.

"Where are those boys?" She asked her balding, bespectacled husband.

"I'm sure they're fine Molly. Perhaps they got on the station and we didn't see," said the man.

"Or maybe Ron stopped to pick his nose," suggested one of two identical, red head boys in the family.

"Likely as not," said the other twin.

"But we haven't got time to find Ickle Ronnykins," said the first. "We've got to go. See you at the end of term, Mum!"

Viola watched as the two boys kissed their mother, hugged their father, then jumped onto the train.

"I can go look for Harry and Ron," said a girl by the worried woman, Molly's, side.

The girl was very pretty with fiery red hair, and a friendly freckled face. Judging by how excited the girl seemed, she was also a first year. She dashed off before her parents had time to answer her, but her father grabbed her arm.

"Wait Ginny. Me and your mother will worry about Ron and Harry. Why don't you get on the train?" The man said.

The couple helped carry Ginny's luggage to the train. Molly squeezed her daughter tightly.

"Write as often as you can dear alright? And have a good time!"

"Alright, Mum," said Ginny.

She hugged her father then followed the twins on to the train.

"Oh and make sure your brothers stay out of trouble!"

Ginny grinned at that.

"I will Mum!"

"Love you Gin!"

"You too Mum!"

With a wave, Ginny was gone.

Viola's parting with her parents was much different than Ginny's. Viola had just seen the balding man disappear back through the barrier to go look for the missing boys, when she turned and found her mother standing right beside her.

"Well, this is it then. We won't be seeing each other until next summer," Ira seemed rather cheerful about the whole thing. "Now make sure you behave yourself. I don't want to be contacted by the headmaster saying you've caused trouble! That would only make things difficult for Mummy, and you wouldn't want that, would you? Well then, toodloo!"

Ira waggled her fingers in a wave, then turned and walked away. Roderick Lestrange had been standing behind his wife and now found himself face to face with his daughter. Roderick was not a stupid man, but he had never really grasped the concept of having his own opinion. There for, he knew Viola was the child his wife had never wanted which meant he didn't want her either. Yet there was a odd sense of regret in his heart as he regarded the daughter he had never even taking the time to know before him. Viola saw something in her fathers eye that she had never seen there before and her heart lifted

"I hope, well...make sure you get in Slytherin," said Roderick finally in a very gruff manner.

If he saw the disappointment in Viola's face, he didn't act upon it. He just patted her shoulder, then turned and walked away. Viola watched them go. For a second she'd thought her father was actually going to say something slightly affectionate but no. All she got were the exact same words she'd been hearing for as long as she could remember. Make sure you're in Slytherin.

Viola sighed. She tried to make her hurt disappear through the barrier with her parents. Then she turned to look at the train. And a smile crept over her thin lips. It was time to go to Hogwarts.

___________________________

A/N: this chapter is dedicated to Castle_Shiro and randam2000  for voting and commenting on the first few chapters of this story! Thanks guys! :)