96

There are some things you can't go through without becoming friends, and being lost in the forbidden then fighting off a herd of angry acromantulas is one of them. Although Ginny and Viola say anything about it, there was an understanding between the two that from now on the Bat-Bogey Hexers would be friends.

They weren't best friends, nor was it likely they ever would be, but they now would talk between classes, pair up occasionally in Herbology and greet each other in passing.

Hugo, Ava, and Clemi were shocked at Viola's sudden retraction of the grudge she'd held against Ginny for years.

At breakfast the day after the girls' trip into the forest (which found all the teenagers very tired after their long night ) Hugo said, "So just let me get this straight, you don't hate Ginny anymore?"

Viola shook her head with a yawn.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" asked Clemi.

Viola shrugged her shoulders, then resigned herself to trying to explain.

"It's just that, I dunno, for a moment I was just going to leave Ginny to be eaten by the spiders, because I was too scared to help her. But then I realized I couldn't do that. And then I helped Ginny by stupefying the spider and I guess I just realized that I've been stupid," said Viola.

Hugo scratched his head. "I'm gonna pretend I understand you."

Viola just felt that when she went back to help Ginny, it had been like making a decision. The decision that she would no longer hold a grudge against Ginny. Now it would just take learning to accept her own faults, and not taking her anger at them out on other people.

And Ginny, the red-head being as kind as she was fierce, forgave her readily.

But Viola didn't feel it necessary to tell Hugo this. All that really mattered for now was that all was well between the Slytherin and the Gryffindor.

🦇🦇🦇

Nine days after Viola's birthday, which fell on the 11th of February, the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament arrived.

The morning of, Ginny couldn't find Ron anywhere. Nor had she seen Hermione or Harry either.

After putting her hair in braids, and dressing warmly, Ginny headed down to breakfast.

"Have you see Ron anywhere?" Ginny asked Fred and George.

She say down next to them at the Gryffindor table. Both twins shook their ginger topped heads.

"Not since last night when we brought him and Hermione to McGonagall's office," said George.

Ginny frowned. "Why'd you bring them there?"

"Ol' Minerva wanted them," said George with a shrug.

"But why?" asked Ginny.

"We dunno," said Fred giving a shrug almost identical to George's. "She looked pretty grim though."

"They must've been in trouble, I suppose," said George.