Ch 13

Ken was sore all over. He was so exhausted he couldn't even groan. One eye was completely swollen shut and the other along the way with it. A sharp pain caused his body to jerk. 

"Aw brother he's nearing his peek." 

"I see that brother. Let's give him some rest before we finish him off. I was thinking we could start with his toes and fingers." 

"Wonderful plan brother. Shall we get something to eat?" 

"Yes lets." 

The two twins walked away leaving Ken to his misery. Ken had given up trying to escape long ago. He would of cried but he was all cried out. The pain was too immense and he knew that he had too much blood loss. He could barely lift his arm. Ken wished for death. He couldn't take another minute of this. No one was coming for him why bother to fight staying alive? He gave up long ago. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since Yuki was forced into the dark room she hadn't uttered a word. She was scared. The man who lied about being her Appa was mean and hit her! She had a sore cheek and sore bum. Still Yuki refused to call him Appa or eat anything. At one point Kangin had gotten so upset he destroyed her room. Yuki screamed and cried. She ran into the closet where Kangin banged on the door to scare her some more.  

"YOU WANT TO STAY IN THERE?!" He bellowed. "FINE! I'LL MAKE IT PERMANENT UNTIL YOU LEARN TO RESPECT YOUR APPA!" 

Yuki heard something being moved and what little light came through was now blocked. She was in total darkness. Yuki screamed till her throat hurt and banged on the closet door till her little fits hurt. After a while she gave up and curled up into a ball. Her little body shook as she cried for her real Appa. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leo, Hakyeon and the boys had all been moved to a safe place. A nice size apartment on the better side of town. The boys were confused but found Hakyeon not telling them much. Too tired to argue the boys soon passed out. They where still fighting off a cold. Leo just stared blankly at the wall. His thoughts swirled around around Yuki and the possibility of things. The spirits stayed stationed outside and inside the building. It seemed that no one had followed them. Hakyeon had stayed up with Leo for as long as possible but fighting a cold himself he ended up passing out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was late morning the next day when the door opened.

"Appa!" A scratchy voice spoke happily.  

Leo's gaze snapped up. There was Yuki. Matted hair and bruised cheek but bright eyes. Tears sprang forward as Leo stood and rushed to Yuki. She all but jumped out of the mans arms that was holding her. 

"My baby!" Leo cried. "Appa's sorry!" "I love you baby girl."  "You're safe now. Appa's here." Leo repeated over and over. It was a good while before either calmed down. Even when they did neither let go of one another. Yuki smiled at Wonsik, Hongbin and Hakyeon but never left  Leo. Leo thanked the men many times before they left. 

The only bad news they got was Yuki's bruised cheek and sore hands and throat. Other than that she was completely fine. Physically. Mentally, that was a different story. She clung to Leo and rarely spoke. She wouldn't even play with Wonsik or hongbin unless Leo was in sight. The bad news was Ken had been in the hospital for three months now in a coma. His wounds had mostly healed but there where some pretty deep. The doctor said it was up to him to wake up or not. 

"He woke up!" Hakyeon cheered as he entered the apartment. Everyone stared at him slightly confused. "Ken woke up! They said he was asking for you Yuki." 

"See Ken Oppa?" She asked quietly. 

"Appa will take you after lunch." Leo told her. Yuki nodded and continued to eat. Once they finished Leo bundled Yuki up. When they reached the hospital Leo told Yuki to be good and stay by his side, no running or yelling and so on. Of course he knew he didn't need to tell her but being her Appa he couldn't help it. Yuki nodded and held onto her Appa's hand as they made their way through the long halls. Once at Ken's room they knocked quietly before entering. Ken was slightly propped up. HE looked almost dead but smiled when he saw Yuki. 

"Oppa!" She said happily and tried to hop onto the bed. Leo stopped her. 

"No, no." Ken waved him off. "Let her up. I want to see her."  

Leo picked Yuki up and gently placed her on the bed beside Ken. She climbed up further and wrapped her arms around Ken. 

"Missed you." She told him. 

"I missed you too sweetheart." He smiled. His voice was still a little raspy from not being used in so long. 

"Why Oppa in hospital? Yuki not have to go to hospital. Why Oppa go?" Yuki asked innocently sitting back. Leo pulled a chair up next to the bed and sat down. 

"Oppa got boo boo's. So the doctors are making me better." 

"Oooh." Yuki nodded. "Oppa gotta get better! Wonsik, Hongbin and Hakyeon and Appa miss you!" 

"I miss you little rascals too." Ken smiled fondly at the girl. "I'll try to get better faster so I can come see you all." His smiled was sad but went right over Yuki's head. Leo caught it though. He knew that look. He forced tears back as it dawned on him what was going to happen. 

"Mmhmm! I got a kitty! Her name! Her name is Princess! But Wonsik and Hongbin call her Princess Brat!" Yuki pouted. Ken smiled and listened to Yuki ramble on for a good while. Humming or commenting at all the right parts. A short while later Yuki's eyes began to droop and she fell asleep cuddled up next to Ken. 

"I'm sorry." Leo choked out avoiding eye contact. Ken stared at him not sure how to respond. 

"You never deserved this. It's my fault." 

"Just make sure the bastard never comes near her again and we'll be even." He finally spoke. Leo nodded and wiped his eyes. 

"I didn't ask you to come to guilt you Leo. I just had to see that she was safe and cared for." 

Leo nodded. He understood. It fell into a tense silence as neither knew what to say. They hadn't been on the closest terms before this. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week later Ken passed away. His injuries where too severe internally. No kind of surgery would of saved him. The kids where sad for quite a while. They missed their hyung/oppa. No one was good enough to babysit them and they made sure of it. After a while they found someone to watch the kids. Yuki instantly began to crush on him. She spoke more and hid her face a lot. Hongbin and Wonsik couldn't figure it out. Leo and Hakyeon knew though and Leo was not happy about it. Kim Myungsoo or L as he liked to be called was stealing his baby from him! Well, not actually. Just her attention. 

As time went on things got back to normal and the kids would begin school soon. Leo tried not to cry as he said bye to Yuki. She was in class with Hongbin and Wonsik so he wasn't too worried. It was just so hard to see his baby grow up. He took picture after picture before he noticed the time. 

"Alright. Time for Appa to go." He sighed. 

"I love you Appa!" Yuki hugged him around his neck. Leo smiled gently and held her close. 

"I love you too baby." 

"Yuki come on!" Hongbin urged. He was growing impatient. Leo released Yuki and gave her a peck on the cheek. 

"Have a good day sweetheart! Daddy will be here to pick you up as soon as class is over!" He promised. 

"Okay Appa!" Yuki sang before hurrying to Hongbin and Wonsik. Like normal she was in the middle and held both their hands. Walking off Hakyeon sighed teary himself. 

"They grow up so fast." 

Leo didn't say anything but gently nodded. 

"Come on. Time for work. We got a new coffee in today." 

Leo nodded and began to walk away. He couldn't wait to pick Yuki up and here all about her day.