Chapter 1 - The Start of it All

Mary’s POV

                 Ring! Ring! My alarm clock went off on time, as any day it would, I stood and walked to the bathroom and washed up for school. It’s always the same thing every day, nothing really special happens to me... well... not until today.

                I was running down the stairs when I heard a knock on the door. “Mary! Dean’s already here!” I heard my mom calling, “What? But it’s too early?” “I know, I’ll just let him in!” I sat down on the regular seat and ate, Dean came in “hey Best!” “Hey!”

Dean is my best friend and we’ve known each other since kindergarten. “You’re early, do you know that?” I told him raising an eyebrow at him “of course I do, I just... want to see you earlier...” he smiled at me and I just sat there staring at him blankly, then finally I told him “I know you’re attractive and all but... it won’t work on me dude.” “That is so un-cute of you Mary...” he pouted and placed his head on my shoulder. “Well you should have gotten used to it considering the years we’ve been with each other.”

I ignored him. He’s always like that on people... acting all cute and handsome on them, though it’s true he is. Unlike other people never once did I acknowledge that. That’s one reason why he’s so popular in the neighbourhood another one because he’s the school’s captain of every sports club: swimming, basketball, football… you name it.

                I finished up eating and continued the daily routine of my life by walking with Dean to school. Before going out I yelled to my mom “we’re going now!” “Bye!” She waved goodbye and so did we.

                As we walked some... or rather... every girl we passed by greeted Dean like the usual. In some days, a few girls would pull an act like they would trip in front of us and of course would expect Dean to help them up, naturally he would. Dean’s the type of guy who would help any girl in need... whether it is the problem is fake or real. Besides that, it’s against both mine and Dean’s to not to help anyone in trouble...

                “Hey uh... Mary?” “Yeah?” “What day is today?” I thought about it for a second, is there something I forgot? “Uh... Thursday? I guess? Why?” “Isn’t this the day were you star-“

Before Dean could’ve finished his sentence, we arrived at the school gate filled with a crowd of students who started greeting me like crazy. “Good morning Miss President!” “How are you today Miss President?” “Shall I carry your bag Miss President?” ... now I remember.

“Oh yeah... I won the election.” I said so dull that Dean stared at me like there was something on my face. “What?” “How could you forget such a thing like that!?” I sighed in annoyance, “well it’s not like I wanted this! The teacher made me do it!” Dean shot a look, “that would be natural when you’re the school’s top one!” “I was born like this, what can I do?” he smirked, “how prideful of the almighty President.” “Shut it.”

He started laughing even after we entered the school. Though both of as knew it’s true. I’m really born smart, that just when I scan a book, the words and even the pictures get stuck in my head. It’s weird... but rue.