1. Beginning

"Ahhh! Vasha, ni-hire nila ako. Hired na ako!"

Sigaw lang ako ng sigaw habang tumatalon-talon sa loob ng apartment namin ng kaibigan ko habang hawak ko ang phone ko. The TGC’s HR officer just called declaring that I was officially HIRED. Well, magtatrabaho lang naman kasi ako sa Triumphant Group of Companies - multi-national food corporation of the Philippines. I've been through a lot of experiences and interviews para matanggap ako. And now, here's the proof that all those hardships and tough experiences was all worth it!

"Easy Trina, baka mag-hyperventilate ka jan." Vasha snorted and I jokingly frowned. And when she notices it. Nagulat ako.. "Ahh! Woooh! Congratulations Trina mylabs. I am so happy for you." Mas masakit pa sa tenga yung sigaw niya.

We are now jumping of joy and excitement. It’s my first time to work in the Philippines, because apparently, I've worked in Canada for almost five years. I was a Business Administration graduate. I had many experiences in handling financial accounts kahit na college degree lang ako. My on-the-job-training in USA was a big benefit for me to find a job that does belong in the middle level of management in a corporation. After my OJT in USA, I graduated and receive a Proficiency Award in OJT. So, after the graduation my Tita Zail- my mama's sister- asks me to go to Canada to practice my degree. I accepted it and I stayed there for almost 6years. I was able to work there as a HR manager or Financial Manager -or even Bookkeeping- in some elite corporations there. I spent all my salaries to petition my parents. I was thankful to God that after five years I already petitioned my parents and that they are now staying in Canada for almost 9 months now. After 6 months of staying with my parents there, I decided to go back here in the Philippines because of some personal reasons like I prefer to work here, I dream to work here and the like. When I got here, I immediately find a job, and luckily after two months of waiting, I am finally hired. Yeah, medyo mabagal ang proseso but it’s all worth it because I didn't expect that I got the managerial position abruptly. And yes, It’s my third month now here in our country kaya medyo naninibago pa lang...ulit. I have three siblings, and they are living in the province. I stayed there while waiting for the result of my job application. And when I got the call from Triumphant, bumalik na agad ako dito sa siyudad.

Vanessa -- I call her Vasha -- is my bestfriend since college; she is a Certified Public Accountant in a law firm. We were living in one apartment. I just want a simple unit kaya nakishare ako kay Vasha ng apartment. Siya yung una kong tinawagan nung kakabalik ko palang dito sa Pilipinas. She was the one who suggested me to apply in TGC.

My job will start on the next two weeks. Pero bukas ay pinapapunta ako doon for a training and to hire a secretary for me. I'll be the one to hire kasi ako daw ang makikisama hindi sila.

"Let’s party labs, your treat!"

"Yeah. Of course Vasha. Lets party!" I mimicked her. She laughs and goes to her room para magbihis.

As I was picking what to wear -- I remember when I was in my College days, I only wear pants, jeggings, 3/4 shorts and the like. I was just an ordinary girl. No heavy makeups -- lipstick at powder lang. Matangkad, maitim at mataba. That was my own description on myself when I was college. Pero sabi nila hindi naman daw. I have beauty in different way, ika nga ng mga kaibigan ko. Kaya nung pumunta ako sa Canada, my cousin – Anna - who is a Fashion Designer, taught me how to dress a true and finesse lady. She make-overed me. And that was when I realize that I have to lose weight for me to become attractive, well, that’s according to Anna. And there, after many years, I become a real mademoiselle. Marunong na akong mag-ayos, nakilala ko na din ang high-heeled shoes, dresses at kung anu-ano pang girly things.