Returning my smile he said, "That's my girl."

End of flashback

"So, what's going through that pretty little head of yours?"

He would find out in due time.

Thinking back to Bryan made my chest tighten. I hoped he was going to be okay.

"What are those men going to do to Bryan?" I asked.

"Well, they're not going to kill him if that's what you're concerned about."

"Of course that's what I'm concerned about! You threatened to shoot him if I didn't come with you!" I yelled.

"And I would have," he calmly said.

"But you just said--"

"Not with the intention of killing him," Mr. Williams interrupted. "Too many people would notice he was missing. He's an important man. I knew threatening him would persuade you to accompany me," he smugly told me.

"Ok..you purposefully left him alive. Aren't you worried about what will happen when he finds you?" I questioned him.

"Nope. I have top notch security and we're going to a remote location." I gulped.

"What about the police? He's bound to call for help."

"I have no doubt about that but by the time they find you I will have already gotten what I wanted from you and be long gone," he said assuredly. I gave up trying to get through to him. It was only stressing me out.

"It sounds like you've gotten this all planned out," I said defeated.

"I sure do. Keeping Bryan out of the way was the main concern. You on the other hand, no one will notice that you're gone. You have no family, no friends. It's really quite sad."

"Shut up!" His words were cutting deep. Right now I was feeling more alone than ever.

"There's no one who cares about you," he taunted. That's where he was wrong.

"That's not true," I spoke with confidence.

"Name one person."

"Bryan. You heard him yourself, he said he loves me!" My heart warmed remembering his words. I loved the way they wrapped around me and gave me hope even when we were so far apart.

Mr. Williams silently sulked after my declaration. We rode in silence for some time and I started dozing off. I fought the feeling as much as I could, not trusting Mr. Williams one bit.

He noticed and snickered, "It's too late to get some rest sweetheart. We're here. That's too bad because  some rest would have been very beneficial to you. I don't plan on letting you sleep peacefully tonight."

My blood ran cold as he stopped the car. "You're sick, you know that?" I whispered.

Laughing he replied, "Don't be so dramatic!" He unbuckled his seat belt then looked at me.

"I'm serious. Bryan told me about your twisted childhood. It's no wonder you are the way you are," I mused while scanning my surroundings. We were in the middle of nowhere with a forest along the parameter of the mansion. So much for my escape plan. I had no idea which direction to go in or how far we were from the nearest town.

Oblivious to my internal planning Mr. Williams huffed, "My brother must have given you his sob story."

"I wouldn't describe it as a sob story. It was a raw and honest account of his past. He opened up to me."

"Is that why you let him fuck you? You felt sorry for him?" He sneered. Before I realized what I was doing I slapped him. I gasped in horror knowing how volatile his temper could be. My first instinct was to unbuckle my seat belt and flea from the car.

I ran in the general direction of the forest but before I got far Mr. Williams snaked his arm around my waist and slammed me into his body, my back against his front. With his other hand he gripped my hair tightly in a fist and roughly pulled my head back, exposing my neck. He bent and kissed my neck then said in a threatening tone, "You are going to regret that sweetheart."

There's chapter 23! I know I told some of you I was going to try to update yesterday but I literally fell asleep while I was writing. Sorry! My job drains me 😩 but I love it anyway!

So we know Bryan is alive! Yay! We'll get to see what happened to him after Brett and Danielle left. Poor Danielle is in for rough time..but so is Brett.

I hope you enjoyed! Until next time!

Much love,

Roccs 💜💜💜