2

Mrs. Davis, the math teacher starts the lesson but is quickly interrupted by the squeaky door of the classroom opening to reval a boy with blue eyes, brown hair set into a fringe and a dark hoodie and black jeans on. He awkwardly walks in a hands the teacher a paper. She then points to the empty seat next to me. He quietly walks over to me and sets his backpack down and sits down next to me. I look at him and give him a quick smile, he returns the smile.

"You're new here?" I ask him and he nods his head. "Well, my name's Jessie Hart." He looks at me and I see a smile tug at his lips. "And my name is Colby Brock." He speaks in a soft voice. "Nice to meet you Colby." We both smile and continue talking not paying attention to the lesson. I found out he came from a town in Kansas and moved here about a week ago.

The bell rings and we all start to pack up. The teacher quickly rambling about something nobody's listening to. Me and Colby head out the classroom. "Come on Colby I want you to meet my friend." I quickly say and grab his hand so I don't lose him in the crowded hallway. I find Jax "Jax come here I have someone I want you to meet!" I yelled and hear Colby chuckle. She turns around and i come up to her. " Jax, this is Colby, he's new to this school." I looked between the two and I noticed Jax deeply staring at him like she's reading him. "Hmm do you like memes?" She asked and he nodded. "Ok welcome to our group." I laugh at how obsessed she is with her memes. The end of the school day comes and we all walk home.