el looked looked at the boys separating mike and troy and her blood started boiling again.

"el! look at me! calm down!" will shook her.

"he could have been hurt gravely, nancy! he could have gotten expelled!"

el grabbed her face with her hands. nancy placed a hand on her knee.

"only love makes you that crazy, el... and that damn stupid" she said.

el looked up at her with parted lips.

-

mike sat down on the edge of the roof, the cold air hitting his face and his wavy hair. he looked at the town's night lights. he knew el was mad. mad because he started that fight. but he couldn't help it. troy said things he shouldn't have said. he could mess up with him as much as he wanted. but not with el. not with her.

el climbed out of the window, walking on the roof slowly, watching the boy. she sat next to him and looked at him for a second before turning her head to the views.

"your eye, doesn't look that good" she said quietly.

mike looked at her and lifted his arm, showing her the ice-cubes he had.

both of them eventually went to look back at the views in front of them, the air hitting both of their faces. the silence filled the moment, none of them knowing what to say.

a few minutes later, el gulped, and without looking at him, she said;

"mike?"

mike turned his head to her. she licked her lips, still not looking at him.

"i love you"

mike's stomach flipped. and a sudden wave of butterflies hit him.

she finally looked at him.

"i love you", she repeated, "so much".

mike looked down at her big brown eyes. the moonlight was hitting the side of her face, making her glow.

she looked at him, almost as if she was nervous, for a response.

"i love you too, el", he said, her expression softening, "so much"

"i'm sorry, mike. i've- i've acted so stupidly!-"

"no, no. i'm sorry. i was way out of line. i just...", he chewed his bottom lip, "i couldn't take what he was saying about you" he confessed.

el looked down, smiling. she looked back up, she sighed as she placed her arms around mike's neck.

"you know what?" she whispered, face to face with him.

"what?"

"i have the best boyfriend in this whole universe... and the most protective" he chuckled at the end, looking down.

he looked back up, and placed his arms around her waist.

"i love you, el" he got closer to her face.

she grinned.

"i love you too"

she leaned in, connecting their lips. their lips melted together as he pulled her closer to him. the kissed until they needed air and went back into another one. mike softly pushed her down, laying her on the roof floor. el pulled him closer to her, catching his lips again. he leaned down, kissing softly her jaw and trailing a line of pecks down to her neck, soon going back onto her lips for one last, long deep kiss.

they're eyes still closed, their noses bumping and breathing like crazy, she repeated those three words that were new to her tongue, that meant so much to both of them.

"i love you" she opened her eyes, taking a deep breath.

"i love you" he said, opening his eyes.

-
i hope you enjoyed this chapter, i enjoyed a lot writing this. and yeah you guys, four chapters to go. love you all.
-b