eight.

CHAPTER EIGHT.
'a mess. a beautiful mess.'

-

"nancy?"

"yeah?"

"how was mike... you know, when i wasn't here..?"

nancy sighed.

"let's just say- a mess. a beautiful mess" she chuckled sadly.

"he just wasn't himself. he cried most of the days. he slept in your fort whenever he felt sad, which, to be honest, was most of the nights. he barely ate, or talked. he would be all day in his room"

eleven's heart broke piece by piece at nancy's words. she never thought she could cause such an emotional impact to someone. she didn't like mike feeling like that for her- in fact, she felt guilty. she wished she could've found a way out sooner.

el breathed in his so familiar scent, snuggling her face deeper in his warm chest. their touch made them burn, like a fire.

mike had no idea what was going on with her, she had previously rushed out of nancy's room and into his arms.

he didn't bother asking what was up yet, he didn't want to push her.

so instead, he snickered his arms around her waist and torso, keeping her closer to him. mike placed his chin on the top of her head. he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, tightening his grip on her.

after a few long minutes, el kept the silence, and mike was growing curious on what happened.

nancy walked out of her room, her eyes meeting with his brothers.

"talk to her" she mouthed him before walking away.

mike furrowed his eyebrows. he slowly leaned his face back, meeting el's big brown eyes.

"are you okay, el?" he asked softly.

"yeah" she almost whispered.

mike had been so long in pain, and he worried about how she felt?

wow. he actually worried. no one had every worried about her as mike did.

mike slowly placed his hands on her upper back. el felt lost in his eyes.

and suddenly she felt this...feeling. this sensation. her throat burned, and her stomach. something was wrong with it. it happened a lot when she was around mike, and she had never felt it before around anyone else.

maybe she was getting sick?

she was going to indeed ask nancy, she was truly worried.

but at the same time, the feeling felt right. she didn't feel sick. she felt...

warm.

"are you sure?" she snapped out of her thoughts.

she decided to drop it. nancy told her that he looked so much better now that el was back. so why not enjoying his happiness? at least just for now?

"y-yeah. yes. sorry. i'm- i'm okay" she sighed, looking down.

mike gulped.

"hey, el? can i ask you something?"

el looked up and grinned.

"yes, of course"

"would you like to-"

ding dong.

darn it.

mike sighed. he heard as nancy opened the door.

"mom! dad! you are here!" she shouted for mike to here.

"fuck" he bit his lip.

he knew he had to tell his parents about el. he was kind of scared about their reaction, but screw it, he couldn't keep her a secret forever.

mike looked back to el, who had a worried expression plastered on her face.

"hey, it's okay. their just my parents. i- uh." he sighed, "i guess you won't be a secret anymore" he slightly chuckled.

well, here we go.

-
[sorry for any mistakes]