three.

CHAPTER THREE.
'mirkwood. it all started here'

-

mike, lucas, dustin and max made their way back home from the arcade. they had fun. mike actually had fun. he forgot about el for a few hours, but sometimes he couldn't help remembering her.

well, they at least made a little move. he had fun.

they walked through the forest, all of them ahold of their bikes, except max, who was holding her favorite skateboard.

they had been chatting and making jokes along the way, but now they were just walking in silence.

what a huge mistake.

maybe, if they had been talking, they wouldn't have noticed how they were walking across mirkwood.

you see, since el died, they hadn't stepped on mirkwood, for obvious reasons.

"dustin! what are we doing here?" lucas whisper-shouted.

"holy fuck!" he looked around

"wh-what's going on?" max asked, whispering.

lucas and dustin shared a glare.

lucas inhaled.

"mirkwood. it all started here."

"what do you mean, it all started here?"

dustin took a look at mike before answering max, making sure he hadn't noticed their terrible mistake yet.

"we found her here" dustin whispered.

max's eyes widened.

"what the fuck you assholes? we were doing great! he completely forgot about her and now you bring him to the place they met?" max shouted so only lucas and dustin could hear.

"we're so screwed up if he notices" dustin face palmed.

"of course he'll notice you dummie-"

"hey- guys?" mike looked back at them.

"ye-yeah?" lucas stuttered.

"are-"

"yes okay! i'm sorry, i messed up. we were doing great and now we bring you to mirkwood, the place where you met her and-" dustin started shouting.

"wait, what?" mike shouted.

he turned around and looked at his surroundings.

lucas hit dustin.

"he didn't know yet, you idiot!"

everything clicked for mike.

this is where he met her.

he closed his eyes and replayed the memory in his head.

he remembered everything exactly as it was, who would of thought that that girl would be so important to him today?

when he opened his eyes, they were already filled with tears. and he knew he couldn't say a word without sobbing.

so he left.

he hopped on his bike and started riding.

he heard his friends calling for him.

but his walls had fell once more and he felt numb. tears uncontrollably fell from his eyes, sobs escaping his mouth once he was far away enough for the boys and max not to hear him.

he just couldn't take it anymore.

he felt tired of feeling weak.

he rode and rode until he lost control, tears blurring his sight.

and he fell against the hard road.

"damn it!" he shouted, kicking his bike.

he pushed his knees against his chest, burring his face between them and started crying even harder.

thinking about her.

and how weak he was.

-

mike walked on the road, making his way home.

he walked past the byer's home and surprisingly saw how all of their lights were on.

that's weird.

he furrowed his eyebrows and walked to the front door.

he thought about if knocking or not. but the questions he had in school came back to his mind and he desperately needed answers. so he knocked.

after a few seconds, joyce opened the front door.

she seemed... scared? worried?

"oh, mike? what are you doing here? is everything okay?"

"hi joyce. yeah, everything is okay. i just- i need to talk to will. it's really important."

"uh, i understand mike, but will right now is-"

"mom, let him in" will said, his head popping out of the frame.

-

"i need to talk to you" will said.

"no, let me first. i have some questions." mike said, sitting down on will's bed.

will furrowed his eyebrows.

"you've been crying?" he asked.

mike gulped.

"no" he lied, looking at his feet.

will knew he was lying.

"so today. i felt something will. i- i don't really know what it was. i've been thinking about it all day, but i just can't understand.. and i heard something. a voice-"

"she's alive" will interrupted.

mike snapped his head up to him. suddenly his hands were shaking. and for the millionth time today tears were forming in his eyes.

i've must of heard wrong.

"what?" he breathed.

"eleven. she's alive, mike"

-

Ohhhhhhhhh.... clifhanger!
Wow this book already hit 200+ reads, thank u soso much!
Thanks for reading!
-b