eleven.

CHAPTER ELEVEN
'-they're called butterflies.
-yeah? well they're driving me crazy'
-

a few weeks later...

it'd been almost a month since el came back and her and mike just grew closer and closer. as dustin would say, 'they're almost stuck to the hip'.

they'd go everywhere together, when el had nightmares she'd go to mikes bed, he'd hug her whilst she cried onto his shoulder.

everyday mike had clearer that he loved her.

god, did he ever stop liking her?

he cared about her. a lot.

eleven had been taught about love and relationships, mostly from nancy and max. she still didn't know much, though. she spoke a lot more, she caught on pretty quickly, and mike did help her a lot.

but, there was one thing. one thing that she thought about a lot. a feeling. she didn't understand it. in fact, she was almost scared about it.

eleven knocked on nancy's door.

"come in"

el walked into the room and shut the door, maybe a little to hard, making a loud noise.

"wow, you okay?" nancy sat up, looking up from her magazine.

"i need your help"

"s-sit down" she tapped her bed.

"no nancy, this is urgent."

nancy gulped and nodded

"okay, tell me-"

"something is wrong with me, nance"

nancy furrowed her eyebrows.

"what do you mean?"

"i'm getting this- feeling. in my stomach. everyday. and it's weird. really weird. and i've been calculating and i'm getting worried. every time i'm with mike i get it. and i'm scared. what if i'm allergic to him? i don't want to be away from him, nancy. what if i have to move? i-"

by now el was pacing around the room, tugging on her curls.

"okay, el. you need to calm down" nancy stood up, grabbing her by her shoulders.

"you said you get this feeling around mike, when exactly?"

el looked down at her feet. she gulped.

"uh- when he hugs me, when uh- when i caught him looking at me. when he grabs my hand. when he tells me that i look pretty. just- i feel like i always do, it doesn't matter what he does"

nancy melted right there hearing her words. damn it was cute.

"el, they're called butterflies"

"yeah?", she chuckled, "well they're driving me crazy" she sat down on her bed, burying her face on her hands.

"el, i don't think you understand" she sat down next to her.

"you're not sick"

el looked up, her eyes lighting up.

"i'm not?"

nancy chuckled and shook her head.

"you get butterflies in your stomach, when you- when you like someone" she almost whispered.

el's eyes widened.

"wait, really?"

nancy nodded, chewing her bottom lip and smiling.

"i mean, we've kissed once, and he invited me to the snowball, but i thought- i thought those feelings were burned"

"well, apparently they're not. and, he likes you too."

"wait, how do you know?" her cheeks started heating up.

nancy giggled.

"he's been depressed because of you, the way he looks at you. el, i know my brother. believe me, he loves you"

el smiled at the thought of mike liking her. who could like a weirdo like her?

knock knock.

"el? you in there?"

el opened the door and saw mike.

"oh- hi"

"hi" she smiled.

"the- um. ejem. the gang- they're going to get some ice cream, wanna join?"

"i'd love too" she grinned.

-