four.

CHAPTER FOUR.
'she's alive'
-

mike shook his head.

"no"

"yes mike, she's alive" he walked closer to him.

mike walked backwards.

"no. you're lying!" he screamed.

"why would i lie? you are my best friend!"

mike stopped for a second. he walked slowly to the bed and sat back down. will just watched. his gaze was stuck on the wooden floor. tears blocking his sight.

after a few seconds he looked up at will.

"where is she?" he almost whispered, cracking up.

his throat burned and his stomach had dropped.

"she's stuck."

"what do you mean 'she's stuck'?"

"she's trapped. in the upside down."

mike immediately stood up.

"we need to find her will, right now. come on-" he said, walking to the door.

"mike wait-"

"no will, no. she's been stuck for five fucking years in that hell whole! we're going to bring her back. i don't care what time or day it is. we. are. saving. her. just like she saved us. and you." he shouted.

will knew he was right. so he nodded and grabbed his jacket.

"okay" he whispered.

they walked out of the house and took ahold of their bikes.

-

"i swear to god mike, it's 3am in the morning" dustin whined.

will and mike had gone to wake up the rest of the gang and brought them to mike's basement.

"just shut the hell up, dustin" mike said.

"i need your help" mike said.

"what for if we may know?" max snapped.

something you might want to know about max, is that she would get really moody if someone interrupted her sleep. and well, this was the case.

mike clenched his jaw.

he just couldn't.

he couldn't say her name right now.

will looked at mike, and how he stared blankly at max.

max's expression softened.

"hey, you okay?" she asked softly, grabbing his hand in comfort.

mike snapped out of his trance and looked at their joined hands. he nodded and gulped, slowly untangling his hand from her.

"eleven" will suddenly said.

dustin, lucas and max looked at him as if he was crazy. he said her name in front of mike.

"she's uh-"

"alive" mike cut him off, looking at the three sitting in front of him. all of them snapped their heads to him, all of them with a look of confusion.

he gulped.

"el is alive" he added.

the room fell into complete silence for a few seconds.

they were all speechless, extremely happy in the inside of course, but speechless.

"she's trapped in the upside down, and i need your help to rescue her."

dustin suddenly stood up and embraced mike.

mike smiled into the hug.

they pulled away and saw that lucas and max had also stood up.

"we'll do anything" dustin said.

"anything to help you to get your girlfriend back" lucas teased, giving him a toothy grin.

mike rolled his eyes.

"and our friend" dustin pointed out.

"true!" will said.

"yeah, we'll help, mike. it's about time to meet this girl you've been so depressed about" max said, placing her hand on her waist and popping her hip out, tilting her head.

"idiot" mike breathed, shaking his head.

"okay okay, enough with the teasing. so el is alive, first; wow! second; how the hell are we getting into the upside down? and third; how do you guys know she's alive?" dustin said.

and that's when it hit mike.

how the fuck did will know she was alive?

mike turned to will.

will looked at everyone around, who were staring back at him.

"okay, so there's something i haven't told you guys... i kind of... have powers now?"

"what?" they all yelled in unison.

will jumped.

"why didn't you tell us?" lucas asked.

"because i didn't know until last week! they're not like el's powers, though. not that powerful. i don't have telekinesis, it's more like a radio kinda thingy? eleven came into my mind and talked to me, and i talked to her back... it's really weird. we haven't figured out much yet."

"wait, el talks now?" dustin asked.

"i mean, yeah. i guess she's been hearing all of us and learned a little?" will shrugged.

"am i the only one who's wondering how we'll get to the upside down?" max interrupted.

"i think i have an idea" mike said.

-