Chapter 5

Emma's P.O.V

We sat in silence in a huge office what felt like for hours. Ok its been maybe 20 minutes at best but still. It feels like hours.

I glace at my mate, this alpha writing down on some paper. I can feel his anger, frustration, sadness, and a bit of anxiousness radiating off him.

I don't understand, most wolves would be enthralled when they meet there mates. Nothing can compare, well..unless you have there child but still. Why is he so angry?

Signing under my breath I glance at the papers. They were papers on rules of pack life and pack laws. The pack councils ect. These are usually given to rogues if they finally decide they want to live pack life so they can fit in and live peacefully. If they break these rules they can be kicked out or worse.

Is this the reason why he's so upset? Because he thinks I'm a rogue?

"Ahem..excuse me." I smiled lightly as he quickly looked up at me. "I..um..I'm not a rogue wolf. I come from a pack."

He quirked an eyebrow up looking at me then moved some papers away.

"Good. This can go quicker then expected then. What pack are you from?

I stared at him hesitating. If I tell him he might know who I am. Two alpha's never get along in the same place.

"Um..I..I..I'd rather not say." I kept my head down as I spoke playing with the hem of my clothes nervously.

He was silent for a moment. I could feel his eyes on me. Burning a hole into me.

"Fine then. Why did you leave there?"

"Personal reasons."

Again silence rose. I wasn't going to say anything bad about my pack. And they were personal.

'Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic? He's our mate.'

'He may be our mate but I still don't know him. I'll tell him why I left one day.'

She shook her big head slightly and went back to the back of my mind. Quietly whining wanting us to be closer to him.

I looked up to see my him staring at me. His eyes shifting black back to metallic blue.

I sank back into my chair watching him closely. A small whimper escaped my lips and he shook his head.

His eyes were a deep blue as he sighed and stood up.

"Come with me." He said as he walked to the door.

Slowly I stood and followed him out. We walked down the hall to a stair case leading up to the top floor.

This area is permitted to only alpha's and the beta. The gamma as well if there is one in the pack.

We walked past a large oak door to one slightly smaller. He opened it and the inside showed a lovely little room.

The room was painted pale blue with a white queen sized bed placed to the side. A small desk sat beside it. A wardrobe sat against the far wall near a closet. There was another door which I could only assume is a bathroom.

"Is this your room?" I look up to see him shaking his head.

"No. That door there," he said pointing to the door I thought lead to the bathroom "connects to my room. You will stay in here till I deem you trusting enough to join the pack."

Gently he nudged me inside. "Put your things away in here. You can go meet the other members if you want. If you need me I'll be in my office."

He says that but I can tell by the tone of his voice he doesn't want to be bothered by me.

"Thank you.." I say quietly. He nods and turns closing the door behind him.

I sit on the lush mattress listening to his foot steps fade away. Don't mates usually share rooms? Well I guess this is like sharing. His room is connected to this one.

I should call home. Let everyone know I finally made it somewhere safe.

That is..if I'm allowed to stay.