Chapter 2

Emma's P.O.V

I bowed to the sixth alpha I came across on my journey for a new home. I told him the same story I told all the others. I ran away from my pack because I was being abused and had no other known family outside the pack.

I kept my eyes to the floor not mentioning I was the rightful alpha of my pack. Learned that the hard way with the first two packs.

"I'm sorry to say this but I can't help you." My head snapped up eyes becoming a bit moist as I look looked at the man in front of me. "There's been a growth in members of my pack and I can barely keep up with all of them. The most I can do is offer you a place to sleep and some food for the evening."

I nodded my head and smiled politely. I've heard this many times already. Pack members having an increase of pups in there packs. It's natural in a time of peace like now. "Thank you for your hospitality alpha Jordan." I had turned to walk out his office when his hand wrapped around mine.

"You can maybe stay...with me for the night." A sly smirk inched up his face. "Who knows you can probably stay longer." He had started to pull me closer to him, his scent changing drastically to that of lust.

This too I've come to know far too well from these alpha males. They only look at shewolves as toys to play with even in there time of need. I am in no way that desperate to sleep with someone for shelter. I'm saving myself for my mate. Hopefully he won't be an alpha dickhead like this guy.

"Thank you but no." My voice was flat as I snatched my hand from him and stepped back. His eyes grew a shade darker as he stared at me. "He must be one who doesn't like to be told no." I thought to myself. I took another step back towards the door and looked down not wanting conflict.

"Suite yourself then." He shrugged nonchalantly and sat back at his desk. "Don't get too comfy here." I gritted my teeth and nodded my head.

Quickly I walked out his office to the closet bathroom I could find. There I found spare toothpaste and soap, with some spare hair products. I put a few in my bag. Not enough that anyone would notice though and left that room.

After a bit of searching I found the kitchen. It was empty, seeing as it was 3:48 in the afternoon. No one would be in here for awhile I hoped as I rummaged and grabbed some food that should last me till I found a new pack. Quickly I packed it in my food bag and grabbed my things to leave. I learned to never stay when a pack member or alpha hits on you. Sleeping becomes really hard afterwards.

I left a note on the kitchen table and left the pack permits. Once away I walked in the direction of nowhere for the seventh time. Honestly what was I thinking? I would have been better off at my pack with Chris then out here. My pack...I miss them. I haven't spoken to anyone in a few days. I wonder how they were doing.

Right on cue my phone buzzed a few times in my back pocket. I quickly took it out and looked at the number.

"Hey Markus! I was literally jut thinking of you guys."

"Ha funny I felt like you were lonely and decided to call you."

I laughed softly. "Even without a pack link we can still feel each other."

"You sure we're not mates?" Markus laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"I wish then I could be home with you all." A sense of sadness washed over me.

"What happened with Jordan's pack? You're not staying there?"

I scoffed. "No, I'm not. Its the same reason why I didn't stay at alpha Daniel's pack or Brian's." I moved my head away from my phone as Markus growled.

"That bastard! I know for a fact that he has a mate there. How can he do that to a person "

I sighed softly. "Well it doesn't matter now. I left as soon as I got the things I needed." I bit down on my lip. "I swear I hate these alphas. Not one of them can be trusted. All they want is power, fear, and sex."

"Aw come on Emmy not all of them are bad. You're nothing like those fools."

"Yea well I'm not male. No offense to you but guys are dicks. I hope my mate is a girl if I ever find her." I pouted slightly as Markus just laughed at my response. "If you're just gonna laugh at me I can go."

"No...no don't. " His laughter was dying down now. We talked more for about an hour as I walked. Soon my phone was making a warning beeping sound.

"Hey my phone is dying gotta charge it." I smiled as he groaned in annoyance. "Tell everyone I love and miss them for me."

"Of course alpha." I smiled that he still uses my title. "Be safe. I'm sure the next pack will be better then the rest. Just keep your head held up high."

"I'll try but I doubt it. I'm ready to come back home really." Before he could object I said I love you and hung up.

"Come on Emma we need to find a safe place for the evening if we wanna sleep tonight."

I lugged my bags over my shoulders as I headed forward. Tomorrow will be better I'm sure.

Pack of RejectsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara