Chapter 1

I coward back into the wall covering the bruises that where beginning to form so he couldn't hit them anymore. I don't know what possessed me to ask him if I could ever be alpha. I'm 18 now with a wolf who's strong enough to protect the pack. I'm the rightful alpha anyways.

"Ha! Look at you! Do you really think you can be alpha? You're pathetic, useless." He sneered at me with a disgusted look and started walking towards me.

I coward more against the wall and covered my head with my arms. "I'm sorry you're right! You make a much better alpha then me." I whispered the lie knowing he's a terrible alpha. Using fear and threats against the rest of the pack. Using me against them to hurt them.

As if hearing my thoughts he brought his leg up and kicked me in the face. The only part of my head I wasn't covering.

Blood dribbled down my chin as I whimpered. Begging for anyone to come help me when finally someone knocked on the door.

"Alpha Chris you have a-" the intruder opened the door and froze. I looked up and saw Markus. My rightful beta. He stared at the scene in front of him. His eyes changing from hazel brown to black.

"What do you want Markus." My cousin, "my alpha" growled out at him making me flinch and my wolf mad. She dislikes when he mistreats the pack members. Anything could happen to me as long as they were ok.

Markus stared at me a moment more before glaring up at my cousin. "You have an urgent phone call 'sir'." He hissed out through clenched teeth.

Chris growled menacing from the disrespect Markus was showing. He looked at me and I lowered my head in submission. Markus gawked at me then did the same. "I'm sorry...alpha sir."

Chris just smirked and walked out of my room and headed for my father's office. Once I heard the door close I tried to stand up but fell clenching my side.

"Alpha!" I could hear multiple people come in my room. I smiled softly as one of them helped me to my feet. "Where's the doctor?" He said in an angered voice.

"No need for one I'm fine." I tried to calm them as I sat on my bed.

"Not meaning to be rude alpha but you're covered in bruises and you're bleeding badly." I look toward the soft voice and saw the pack nurse. She had a worried and pained expression on her face. "He might have broken your jaw or a tooth." And with that I heard several loud and threatening growls from around me.

"Why won't you just let us take care of that bastard for you?" I sighed softly at this. This conversation has been made several times and I always say the same thing.

"Because he's my cousin and I willingly gave him the title- "

"Bull!" I slowly looked up at Markus an annoyed look crossed my face. "We all know his parents talked you into it when you were young. They tricked you!" He looked pissed as he spoke. The nurse was tending to my wounds as I thought on what he said.

"Even so I wasn't forced to hand it over to him so we just have to deal with this." I finally mumbled out. I knew what he said was true. They wanted my parents to give him the alpha position when I was born but they refused. When they died they took advantage of a young, saddened girl who didn't understand what she was giving up. Sadness washed over me as I was lost deep in my thoughts, I barely made out what the others were saying around me.

"So that's why we think you should leave the pack." That threw me out of my thoughts.

"Leave the pack?" Tears started to cloud my vision as I looked into the crowd in my room. They were all avoiding  my eyes.