Chapter 14- Scars

Start from the beginning

He moved off toward the hallway that lead from the living room, casting a small glance backward to see Carla and Wendy had taken stiff seats on the couch, looking around curiously. He glanced back ahead as he lift his hand in direction of the door at the end of the hallway, his eyes falling closed as he flicked his fingers at the air in that direction.

The door shot open, the inside dim and dark compared to the rest of the fairly bright house. There was a small sigh that sounded from the inside, he grumbled under his breath.

"Granny's here to take a look at you." He announced rather sharply, stopping in the open doorway with his arms crossed about his chest, peering inside the dim.

Frea was already moving toward the door, her bare feet moving across the cold hardwood, her silver eyes glinting only slightly in the dim the pulled curtains had created, to which light was desperately trying to make it through. Her hair was pulled back into a small ponytail (small as what the short strands would allow), dressed in simple black pajama shorts and a loose shirt that tied around her neck and back, short so it left her stomach in full view (though the bandages still hid it). On the front of the shirt were plastered white letters that made up the word 'FORCE', and as ever the her rings on her fingers remained.

"It's already noon, you know." He said lowly, Frea blinked, looking a little dazed for a split second as if she had just woke up- and maybe she had, he hadn't a clue.

"..... Mm? Really?" She hummed lightly, rubbing the back of her neck as she slowed to a halt in front of him, blinking at what bright light the hallway brought with it. "... Why'd you let me sleep so long?"

"Hmph, you clearly needed it. What with the drinking and knocking Pinky around." He grumbled, stepping back as he made to move back down the hallway. Frea's hand fell from her neck, letting out a small sigh.

"... Yeah but now I'm freaking hungry." She said lowly, he shook his head slightly. ".... You said Porlyusica's here?" She asked softly,

"Yes, and you're keeping her waiting." Corbynn replied briskly,

"... Fine... Fine..." Frea sighed, yawning partway through as she followed along behind him down the hallway, looking less than thrilled with the idea of the Old Woman snapping at her- which, with how sore she felt and what sharp sting of pain flared across her back at moving- she was sure to be receiving a lecture.

Wendy and Carla looked up expectantly as Corbynn and Frea came into view, what small smiles they had intended to throw Frea's way instantly turned to looks of shock.

Their eyes didn't find the bandages, at least not at first.

They had seen what array of scars that crossed her arms yesterday as the rest of the Tenrou Team had, along with those that stretched along her cheek- but they weren't prepared for how many more there were littering her skin that they hadn't been able to see before.

The top of her shoulders were broken across by the lines, her legs were too, all the way up and down her skin was stricken across by thin and short, long and deep scars of pale white and pink, there was a very large gash that had left a mark about the size of Wendy's fist that carved into Frea's right thigh, a blow that seemed to have gone all the way through the leg- Wendy was shocked she could even walk, considering what wound would have been needed to leave a mark like that.

"Hey, Granny." Frea murmured quietly, moving toward the Old Woman without a glance toward Wendy or Carla, as if she hadn't even noticed them. "... Thanks for coming up here, I suppose..."

"Sit down, you stupid girl." Porlyusica ordered sharply, Frea sweatdropped but did as she was asked, taking a seat down on a stool in front of the old woman, her back to the room as she faced the bar top. Corbynn drew up beside the couch where Wendy and Carla were watching in sheer silence, fumbling for even words as they watched Porlyusica untie Frea's shirt around her back, leaving it hanging around her neck as she moved to unwind the bandages, to which they could see blood seeping through.