Raphael x Shy!Reader: Halloween is NOT My Holiday

Start from the beginning

You blinked at the sight before you.

"Uh.... guys?" You weren't sure what to make of the scene before you. Raphael was... well, he wasn't the usual Raph. For starters, his eyes were glowing a little.

"Y/n!" Donnie looked relieved to see you. "Last night before we went to your house I got this experiment set up. I wanted to see how the retromutagen would affect different species specifically so that I can improve on it's chemical fac-" He realized you were blinking in confusion, that he had lost you, so he sighed. "Raph got into my experiment and played around with it when he shouldn't have and now he somehow got mixed up with a vampire bat's DNA."

You froze to the spot. Every part of you screamed to back up and leave. "A vampire bat?" You nearly squeaked. "Is he going to be okay?" Raphael was a vampire bat? Or he had vampire bat DNA?

Lovely.

Just lovely.

"It's the one he got splashed with, yeah. Right now the glowing eyes are really the only problem. It shouldn't be too big of a deal. I'm already starting to look for an antidote, but we were hoping you could keep an eye on him? We need to patrol, but we don't think it's a good idea if Raph goes. He's not happy about it, either." Donnie said, giving you puppy dog eyes.

"U-uh sure." You smiled hesitantly. "I'll keep an eye on Raph."

"I'm not a child! I don't need a baby sitter!" Raphael growled.

"O-of course not, Raph!" You quickly replied, waving your hands in front of you. "B-But this is serious.."

"Whatever." He grumbled, and you felt your heart ache at the sight of the pouting red-masked turtle.

"You're the best, Y/n!" Leo smiled and pulled you in for a hug. You returned it, but you wondered if you would really be able to accomplish the task they set before you. Keep an eye on the grumpy masked turtle? What would you even do? How could you possibly entertain him?

You didn't even have a clue.

Probably to get away from grumpy Raphael, all three of the brothers hurried out of the lair. You sighed a little and looked over to Raph. "So, uh, how did you manage to get vampire bat DNA on you?" You asked.

Raph's POV

The entire time you were there, you acted strange. You were always quiet, but for some reason you were really fidgety and it was really irritating.

Why were you so far away? And you barely said a word, which was normal, but you usually at least attempted to start a conversation even though it usually annoyed Raph because you'd stutter and barely make it through the sentence. And the question wasn't even a good one and the answer was almost always obvious.

But at least you would speak.

"Oi, what's wrong? Why are you even here?" I didn't mean for it to come out to harsh, and your flinch made me feel a little bad. You didn't deserve my bad mood to be taken out on you... but this damn situation was annoying!

What was up with this whole vampire bat business anyways?

"Well to keep an eye on you, of course." You replied, giving me a look. "I wouldn't be stuck here if you weren't stupid enough to get mutated DNA on you. This is what happens when you play with Donnie's things carelessly." You muttered, clearly as upset at the situation as I was. But hey, it wasn't my fault Donnie was messing with DNA of a vampire bat!

"Then go!" I snarled, teeth flashing. The briefest look of terror flickered across your face, so quick that I almost thought that I imagined it. "Sorry..." I mumbled incoherently.