part 26-(Happiness)

Neil screeched his jeep to a hault in front of Khanna mansion and raced inside shouting Avni's name. He found all of them seated in the main hall with Avni having a victorious smile on her face.

Avni: Arey! You returned so quickly! Bhook lagi thi?

Neil(annoyed): Haan! And I would like to have you in my lunch. How about that you drama queen?

Everybody's mouth hung open at what he just said. He was just so annoyed with her that he said it. He never did mean it in any other way. Avni closed her eyes shut in shock!
Neil just realised what had escaped his mouth.

Neil: I meant.. Bebe.. you know what she did..?

Bebe: I DON'T WANT DETAILS NOW!
He bhagwan!

Neil: NO! wo nahi. Bebe suniye tho. Mom aap tho sun leejiye.

Swetha: Tillu. Why don't you keep your wild thoughts to yourself? Aisa koi boltha hai kya?

Neil: Mom but..

Prakash: Stop it now! Look at her state man. She is so embarassed. Neil, use leke jaao room me. And come back when you need your food.. asli wala..

Neil: DAD!

Everybody laughed their hearts out while Neil dragged Avni to their room and bolted it from inside.

Avni: Kya hua ACP Neil Khanna? Got scared?

Neil: Bahot galat kiya yaar. I wanted to give a surprise to you. Ab nahi doonga.

Avni: Surprise? What surprise?

Neil: Be patient wifey! But then before that this game has to be ended. Hai na?

In a fraction of second, Neil pulled her closer and threw her onto bed. Before she could even protest, he pinned her down and kissed her passionately down in her neckline to which she went numb. After around few minutes, Neil raised his eyes to find his wife with her eyes closed tightly.

Neil: Scared?

Avni: Haaan.

Neil: Oho wifey! You lost it so easily.

Avni opened her eyes and sat up straight on the bed to look at his hypnotising eyes.

Avni: I would love to lose for you..

Neil silenced her with his finger.

Neil: But, I want you to win.

They looked at each other lovingly for a long time reminiscing all their intimate moments constantly remembering how lucky they were to find each other. Neil broke the glance.

Neil: Yaar Avni. I am really hungry. Khane me kya hai?

Avni: Oh sorry. Main tho bhool hi gayi. All your favourite dishes because I knew you would be back soon.

They laughed and went downstairs to have food with everyone. Neil spoke in between to give them a news.

Neil: I have something to say.

All looked up at him and Neil signed Rahul to take something from the table in the main hall. Rahul soon fetched a paper roll and gave it to Neil which he passed on to Avni.

Neil: Open it.

Avni quietly opened it and multiple emotions flashed on her face. She was happy, but then scared.

Kareena: Kya hua bhabhi? What is in it?

Swetha: Haan. Bolo beta.

Avni: Mummyji woh.. Neil has enrolled my name in Singing Talent Hunt Event held in Mumbai.

All were very excited and clapped hands.

Bebe: Thats a great news!

Neil: Aren't you happy my love?

Avni: Who can't be happy with you Neil? But, I am scared. Mujhse nahi hoga. Its a very reputed competition.
Even though its for a single day, famous musicians would be there. Main kaise...?

Swetha: kya kaise? Everyone of us have heard you singing. Ofcourse you can do. Aur waise bhi, what's wrong in trying?

Neil kept a hand on hers assuring her to go for it.

Avni: Main kar paungi?

Neil: Avni. Even if you lose, you will still be the winner for me. Infact for us! Jab thak tum koshish karogi nahi, tumhare sapne sach kaise honge? We'll learn from mistakes yaar. Lets give it a try.

Rahul: Yes Di. Just go for it!

Avni: If you think so then...

Neil: I don't think so. I believe so.

Avni smiled and nodded.

Avni: Okay. Done. I will try.

Neil patted her on her cheeks.

Neil: Thats like my girl.

Bebe(coughing): Ahem Ahem!

And everybody completed their lunch with plans and discussions for the event. Neil was excited at Avni taking a step closer to her dream. Avni gained an unmatched confidence with Neil. She knew this was her first try for some event. So what if she failed? People learn from failures. She would do the same. Little did she know, what was in store for her.