part 16-(On mission)

## thankyou for your lovely comments .... and extremely sorry for being late. Was a little busy..####

It was such a lovely time all four of them had together. They laughed like hell and pulled each other's legs. Juhi was living all those years which she lost in the kidnappers' custody. They ranted about lots of things as if they were back to their college life. Juhi still had feelings for Neil. But, nothing seemed more important to her than seeing him this happy. Soon DD also joined them for a short time. DD had some work assigned by Neil. DD also asked Neil to stay at home and enjoy these moments. In case of any emergency, he said he would ring up Neil soon.

Neil couldn't lift his glances from Avni. This did not go unnoticed by Ali and Juhi. Juhi winked at Ali who mentally laughed at how badly Neil was in love with his best friend. Ali secretly loved Avni from childhood. But he was sensible enough to put his feelings aside and start afresh seeing this beautiful bond between Neil and Avni.

Juhi: How about going for a trip guyz?
I mean its been so long that I saw the world outside.

Avni looked hopefully to Neil's face. She knew her husband would not compromise with his duties. However relaxed he looked from outside, he was not from inside. He was worried about the recent happenings and wanted to get hold of the kidnapping racket which he assumed to have some link with the Pandit case.

Neil: Abhi.. tho main case ka kya karoon?

Ali: Bas ek din atleast..

Suddenly Neil's phone rang and DD's name flashed on the screen. He took the call.

Neil: Yes DD.

DD: Sir. Jahan jahan Juhi ma'am ne hume direct kiya hai.. wahan pe Pandit ke hone ka evidence mila hai Sir. Your doubt can be right. May be this racket is run by Raghu Pandit itself.

Neil: Great DD. We should soon track him down then.

DD: Sir. Pandit has fled Sir. I am sure he will plan some attack very soon. It is not known to him that Juhi is with us.

Neil: Yes DD. But Pandit knows that if Juhi has fled from her custody, she will soon be in danger. That is the reason she has fled which means there are many locks that Juhi can open.. hai na?

Juhi looked on confused.

DD: Ji Sir.

Neil: Listen to me DD. We are going for a trip to the outskirts of Mumbai. Make sure that nobody knows about this except you. Tell everyone that I am down with fever and won't be coming to station for 2 days. If this time, an attack happens on us during our trip, we can be sure that someone from our side is helping Pandit by cheating on us. Its very important to find it out.

DD: I understood Sir. Aap jane ki taiyyari keejiye. But, take care sir. We'll only come if you want us to.

Neil: Don't worry DD. Be alert and wait for my call.

All four of them thus started off on their trip a few hours later at night itself.

Neil drove the car with Ali on front seat while Avni and Juhi sat on the back seat. Neil was very happy at Avni and Juhi getting along too well and Ali noticed this too.

Ali: I know you are happy. But is there something troubling you?

Neil: I was thnking of the case Ali. Main bhi kaisa dosth hun? Iam risking all my friends' life to get my case solved. I wanted to move out of the city alone. But then, they can attack you three. So I thought we going together is a better option. Maine sahi kiya na?

Ali: yes Neil. Atleast we can save each other. Don't be tensed. Hum sab careful hai shuru se hi. We'll handle.

Avni placed her hands on Neil's shoulder assuringly. He looked at her through rearview mirror and smiled. Juhi looked at Ali and smiled understandingly. Ali could definitely see fear in her eyes. He felt the need to be with Neil in every step even if it is the most dangerous thing he had to do.

As they drove away to lonely roads, tension rose amidst them. Suddenly, a van was speeding towards them with bright flashlight. Neil tried his best to control the car even though he couldn't open his eyes due to the bright beam of light. In a nick of time, they missed an accident and Neil haulted the car with screeching brakes just near to a big tree. Everyone was shocked beyond explanation. Neil came back to his senses.

Neil: Are you all okay?

Ali: Yea. All okay. Tum?

Neil: haan im fine. Avni..Juhi..

Juhi: Yes. We are okay. Bas Avni..

Avni: Nothing. Iam fine. Just banged my head with that sudden brakes.

Neil was worried.

Neil: Avni. Iam so sorry yaar. Upar se ithna andhera bhi hai..

Ali switched on flashlight in his phone to look at everyone.

Ali: Avni! Your head is bleeding!

Neil: Did I apply the brakes so hard? Avni! Look at me!

Juhi: Someone attacked her with a wooden stick from her window side.

Neil's eyes filled with tears. He couldn't even save his Avni from this unexpected attack. How is he going to safeguard all three of them? If something else happens then? Neil got out of the car and opened the door on Avni's side. He took her face into his hands and a teardrop fell on her forehead.

Neil: Avni..

Avni: Neil. I would die before being the reason for your tears. Please. Iam all okay. Tumhari Avni ithni bhi weak nahi hai ki ek choti si wooden log se dar jaaye.

Neil: I think they made it look like a normal accident. You both are sharp enough to notice a wooden log aiming at you.  Ali! I can't take a chance. I should have come alone. Lets go back.

Ali, Juhi, Avni: NO!

Ali: Its not a shock to us Neil. We expected multiple attacks. Abhi tho sirf ek hi hua hai. We are not going back leaving you.

Juhi: Haan Neil. We have come this far. Is baar hum jeethke jayenge. We will end this Pandit chapter this time. And we will pretend that we have taken this is as a normal accident which we escaped, not as an attack. Iam sure they are watching us from somewhere near.

Avni smiled and nodded at Neil.

Avni: C'mon ACP Neil Khanna. Trust your friends.

Neil smiled: I didn't know I have this brave people as friends. Not bad! Chalo lets move then. Before that Avni, quickly inform DD about what happened. Tell him the location and ask him to enquire about the van. This can be a lead. Every attack they plant on us will be a foolish act of them.

Avni: Okay. Done.

Juhi cleaned Avni's wound with cotton from the first aid kit they carried for safety. They resumed their journey. There stood the same van some distance apart. The goons in the van could not hear what Neil and others were talking. But they could see that the trip was still on. One among them dailed a number and spoke up.

" Pandit ji. They went ahead. They didn't cancel the trip. Unke liye tho ye ek accident hi hai"

A female voice spoke from the other side.
" Aane do. Agar kismat saath de tho we'll have fun meeting ACP Neil Khanna. Ab kismat tho hum khud hi likhte hai.. "

And she let out a loud laugh...