My hands settled themselves in the base of his neck, holding his long curls in a grip and pulling a bit. The softness of them sliding through my trembling fingers.

I felt his tongue asking for entrance,
my lips parted and he entered my mouth. He groaned and held me tighter, one of his hands pushing my body completely against his.

All too soon, Harry left my now swollen lips cold, his hand touching them, feeling how swollen they were
because of him. Sparks created by friction, kept me on edge.

My eyes grew wide when I saw the time. "You should leave.

My mother will be home soon." I whispered so soft, it was almost as if the air carried it away.

His eyes left mine and he took my head in between his rough hands, kissing my forehead and
with his deep, raspy voice he spoke
"See you soon, darling."

He left my body standing in the middle of the living room,
thinking about what just happened. Reliving all of his touch and dreams came true on a unexpected afternoon.

The fear a felt when I saw hin sitting on the chair, never returned. All warm feelings took its place and I want to bury myself in them forever.

His way of touching; speaking; kissing, it all had me dreaming. But above all when his green eyes seeked their way into my soul.

°

"How are you? I am still sorry about yesterday," I hear Elijah say on the phone the next morning.

My hand keeps writing, continuing my homework. I hear him clear his throat on the other side of the line and I sense the uneasiness.

"I am okay, don't worry. How are you?" I try to soothe him.

I hear him take a deep breath.
"I am okay. I wanted to ask you if I should pick you up tonight, when you're done with work?"

I hesitated there a bit. I wanted too see my friend, but a part of me was still uneasy about the day we shared on the crowdy beach.

But then I thought of his kindness and they way I hurt him, I should try to take some pain away, so I agreed.

"Yeah, that would be nice. I will text you when I'm done. But I-"

I wanted to say goodbye,
because work started in an hour,
when he interrupted me,
"I am coming over now, so we can talk and I can walk you too work."

I tried to hold in an annoyed sigh and furrowed my eyebrows because of his sudden weird and pushy behaviour.

"Well, okay. If you want to. It's not necessary though, we can talk tonight?"

I heard him a door being shut in the background and then his voice saying,
"I am already on my way."

I rolled with my eyes
and told him I would be ready by the time he arrives. We said our goodbyes and I was still wondering what happened and what had gotten into Elijah.

Walking towards the window in my room, I quietly sang a song and opened the thick curtains. My eyes immediately fell upon a shiny black car and I knew it was him. The car it all started with, was once again standing in front of my house.

I tied my hair up in a bun and kept watching outside to see some movement from Harry, but nothing happened and he left me alone.

A firm knock on the door pulled me out of my daydream and I ran downstairs. Turning the doorknob around, our frontdoor creaked open and I am met by Elijah his meaningful smile. "Hey June."

Not before long, because my eyes caught Harry standing in front of his car. With a stern look and piercing eyes he watched Elijah and me.

"Hey, ready to go then?" I quickly answered Elijah and tried to ignore Harry as much as possible.

He nodded and I
closed the door of our house. Knowing it was not really necessary, because Harry always found his way in -- locked or unlocked.

Elijah turned around and I saw his eyes landing on the person standing in front of the black car. His eyebrows furrowed and I prepared myself for a question.

Harry still stood at the same spot,
not moving at all. Watching us like it was normal and he had nothing to hide. His stare made a shiver run up my spine and made me shy away.

"Do you know him?" Elijah's eyes scanned Harry and his car. Both looking at eachother and both men showing no mercy.

I shook my head, "No, I don't."
Big, big lie June.

"Weird," he shrugged and decided to let the subject go. He took my hand and pulled me with him, his strong finger clutching around my underarm.

We carried ourselves away from my  house and I could not resist taking one last glance. To see Harry and his car were gone.

"I know it was wrong to kiss you, but what I feel for you is special.
And I want you to know that," Elijah explained while looking down at his feet. I looked at him and felt a wave of pity rushing through me.

"I do not know really know how to say this, Elijah," I started, still hesitating what to say. I tried to dodge his stare, so diverted my eyes to the ground.

"-But I don't really know what I feel right now, I'm a bit confused and I need time. I hope you understand."
My voice was as quiet as the wind during summer and I tried to bring it as kind as possible.

He kicked some pebbles away with his feet while going with a hand through his hair, thinking about my answer. His smile was nowhere to be found and I knew I was the cause of it.

"I understand and I am okay with giving you time...I just want to spend time with you." He shrugged and tried to hide his blush.

"And I want to spend time with you, I truly do, but right now I'm confused about my feelings and I want you to know," I clear my throat and we turn around the corner, getting closer to the shop, "You're an amazing person and I am honoured to have you as my friend."

He looked at me for the first time since we left my house and
smiled again. His now sparkling eyes reaching mine.

"Likewise, June."

°

After six hours of fatigue and pain all over my body, boss let me go home. Sending Elijah a message to notify I was done and he could come and get me up, I grabbed my stuff.

I placed it all on a chair in front of the window and sat down next to it. Looking outside to catch a glimpse of Elijah appearing. I exhaled deeply and felt my body relaxig immediately.

Costumers kept leaving and the shop grew less crowdy, I checked the time and noticed I had been waiting here for over fifteen minutes of dullness.

Picking up my phone from the table, I dialed his number and waited patiently for an answer, but I never recieved one.

After waiting a couple of minutes more, I decided it was for the best to just leave. Met by the air breezig through my hair, I started walking home. Wondering where Elijah is.

•////