"I wouldn't mind tagging along then," she smirked, "I've yet to meet any cute single boys while I've been here."

The front door opened then, and Emma shuffled inside, looking exhausted. "Hey, guys."

Over the past few weeks, Emma had been rather pleasant when she wasn't in the presence of her sister. You and Mia were actually starting to become friends with her.

"What's up?" Mia asked through a mouthful of peanut butter.

"Just been a long day doing research," Emma dropped her bag on the kitchen counter before joining you and Mia in the living room. "Where's Paige?"

"I don't know; I haven't seen her at all today," you shrugged.

"Same here," Mia agreed.

"Well, whatever. I'm tired of micro-managing her anyway," Emma yawned, "I'm gonna go to bed."

"Good night," you and Mia said in unison, watching as Emma dragged her bag tiredly into her bedroom.

"I think I'm gonna go to sleep too. Evenings are boring without Hoseok," you laughed, leaving Mia smiling and rolling her eyes.

"Okay, Ms. Lovesick."

☼☼☼ 

The sound of light tapping on your window woke you from a shallow sleep. You groaned in annoyance at the noise, one eye popping open to check the time on your phone.

11:34

You rubbed your eyes and heard the tapping yet again, eliciting even more annoyance and confusion from you. You reached to turn on your bedside lamp, and then reluctantly left the warmth of your bed to go to the window. Much to your surprise, it was Hoseok, Felix, and Lea all standing outside. You were suddenly glad you had chosen to wear your long pineapple pajamas to bed instead of just a t-shirt like you normally did because this situation could've been far more awkward.

Confused at the group's sudden and seemingly unplanned late night appearance, you opened the window and lifted the shade. "What are you guys doing here?" you asked, feeling groggy. If they were about to whisk you away on some nighttime adventure, you were going to need a large coffee first.

"We have a unique way of celebrating Independence Day," Felix started.

"Get dressed and come outside," Hoseok smiled, "We're going to Kai's private beach and having a fireworks party."

"Right now?"

"At midnight."

"And you guys didn't think to warn me of this ahead of time?" you yawned again.

"Warning you would've ruined the fun," Felix grinned.

"C'mon, go get dressed! We'll wait," Lea said excitedly, grinning just as much as Felix was.

"Alright, alright. I'll be out in a minute." You shut the window, and drew the curtains, rushing to get dressed before running out into the living room where Mia was still awake, watching a movie.

"I thought you went to bed?"

"I did, but the gang just showed up to whisk me off into some midnight Independence Day celebration."

"They really are a crazy bunch."

☼☼☼

~HOSEOK'S POV~

His face grew into a smile the moment you appeared from behind your front door, Mia trailing close behind you.

"Is it cool if Mia tags along?" you asked as she closed and locked the front door behind the two of you.