"That spot is open!" Lindsey exclaims, pointing to a spot. I look over, staring at it. That is darn close to the front!

I turn right and then turn left, entering the spot. "How did I do?"

"Perfect enough," she answers. She doesn't care at all does she? She wants to shop!

"Lindsey!"

"What? No one will damage your precious little car!"

I scoff. "This brat," I mutter out, rolling my eyes.

"What did you say?"

"Oh, nothing. Let's get out now." I have already parked it thanks to subconsciously doing it. It is just something I do once I enter a parking spot after making the car park good enough in it.

I pull the keys out and put them onto my lap. "Don't forget your purse," I tell Lindsey. I swear, I'm not coming back to get it for her if she leaves it in the car. She can suffer and watch me pretend to shop.

She unbuckles her seat-belt and grabs her purple purse, holding up the sparkly little thing. "I have it." She smiles, probably trying to mock me.

We don't always get along but we do love each other. My mother always told me I couldn't be in a room with Lindsey because we are just so different. However, we try to make it work since I'm the only one with the driver's license right now.

Lindsey opens the door, placing her fair legs out the door. "I am just glad you're doing this for me. Did my begging work earlier?"

"Your puppy dog look accomplished nothing, Lindsey. I only took you here so you could leave me alone afterwards. Besides, mom and dad wanted me to have bonding time with you. They said we should get along more by the time they get back." I unbuckle my seat-belt and open the door. I pick up my keys and get out the door, closing it as I move out of the way.

"Darn it! I guess my star power didn't shine through."

"What star power?"

She laughs cutely. "Forget it, Amy," she answers. "Hey, make sure you call Jake. He will probably want to know what we all want for dinner. I can't believe he works for us."

"He loves it because he can see you."

"Just call him." Doesn't she like to hear the truth?

"I will."

She moves towards me, smiling brightly with her bubblegum pink lips. "You need to learn how to be the life of the party, Amy. I should teach you that one day so you don't have to sit inside and be all awkward. Reading a book in your room isn't very exciting."

"It is when the book is great." I've been reading a book by some Christian book writer and it is a good series. It has action, mystery, and romance. It is everything I need in one book.

"You need to actually have fun with something that isn't for reading. How about friends? Do you even know what those are?"

"I know what friends are. I have them when I'm at school. You know, College?"

"Oh, right?" She nods her head. That sounded more like a question than a response. "Don't you ever want to hang out with them? Go to a movie or something with them, Amy?"

"Uh...no?"

"That is more of a question than an answer."

"So what? It isn't a big deal."

"It's not a big deal?" She shakes her head. "Really? It isn't?"

I shrug. "You know it isn't a big deal."