Zayn & Louis

first chapter of the re-write! not much is different here, just a few smal things

_____________

Zayn & Louis

"We still on for after school?" Perrie asks Zayn, her blonde hair bouncing around her head. Zayn rolls his eyes at the back of his locker fondly.

     "Yeah of course," he replies, slamming his locker door shut. The people in the hallway jump at the metallic sound but Perrie doesn't even flinch, used to Zayn and his ways.

     "Awesome," she slings an arm over his shoulder and they walked out of the building, "Listen though, I've gotta stop off by the bakery to pick up my neighbour Jade, you know her right? She's that Niall kid's best frie-"

     "Hey babe."

     A hard voice cuts Perrie off and the two Year Eleven's stop in their tracks. Zayn's eyes widen at the sight of his boyfriend glaring at Perrie.

     "Hey Lou," Zayn says easily, but internally his blood is racing. Perrie freezes, but grabs Zayn's arm as he makes to walk over to Louis.

     "No Z," she says sternly, "You said you'd hang with me today." She gazes at him with big blue eyes and the darker haired boy sighs, stuck between his boyfriend and his best friend. Suddenly, Louis growls almost possessively and snatches Zayn away from Perrie, and she gasps in surprise.

     "Don't call my boyfriend Z," he spits, gripping onto Zayn's arm so tightly his knuckles turn white.  "And never touch him again. Or I swear to God I will mess you up so bad your own parents won't even recognise yo-"

     "Louis!" Zayn hisses warningly. The older boy turns on his boyfriend and scowls at him, and Zayn inhales deeply and tries to not flinch back at his scary expression. Perrie looks anxiously at Zayn but when Louis shoots her a look that says I will kill you if you don't leave now she steps back reluctantly and retreats. She sends an apologetic look over her shoulder at Zayn.

     Louis sighs and turns back to his boyfriend, who is restraining his own sigh. "Z," he says, stroking Zayn's cheek sadly, "I told you that we were going out today. And I don't want you hanging out with that girl again, yeah?"

     Zayn bites back pained noise because Louis is still clutching onto his arm.

     "Good," Louis breathes, resting his forehead against Zayn's. "You know I don't like doing that babe, please don't make it happen again." Zayn closes his eyes and swallows down the terrified cry that had been rising in his throat.

     "I promise Lou," he whispers, as Louis nudges his nose against his, trying to get him to smile.

     "Smile for me Z," he says, grinning softly at his boyfriend. "I love you, you know that right?"

     Zayn breathes heavily out through his nostrils and looks up into Louis' now calm, cerulean eyes. "Yeah, yeah I know Lou. I love you too."