Change

"A little change is always good, Rora." Michael said, looking through the clothing "shops" around Dauntless HQ.

"I agree with you, but I'm not cutting my hair!" Aurora shook her hair. "Not ever."

Michael rolled his eyes, "It's going to get in the way, and you're going to regret not doing it in the first place. Try this on." He tossed a red leather jacket at her, causing the girl to jump.

" He tossed a red leather jacket at her, causing the girl to jump

"Why this?" Aurora asked, still awkwardly gripping the jacket.

"It's red, maybe it will remind you a bit of home." Michael said causing Aurora to laugh.

"Yes it's red, but I don't think I've ever worn leather in my life." She shook her head but she put the jacket on.

"Hey, it's not that bad." Michael tilted his head, "It looks good."

Aurora nodded grabbing the things she was going to get. All they had to do was tell the person there what they got and then they were okay to go. While they left they bumped into another candor, Aurora recognized him from the ceremony, Michael scowled at him.

"Oh hey Michael. Prescott!" He shouted as if he knew her. "You have anymore of that... well you know?" The kid asked and Aurora raised an eyebrow.

"Jackson, just leave us alone."  Michael growled.

"How about you leave us alone. The lady and I were just getting aquatinted.  And you know what I'm talking about Rory. The drugs." Jack nudged her shoulder.

He was talking about the peace serum. "Sorry, but I didn't smuggle any bread out of my house." Aurora shook her head and began to walk away.

Jackson gripped her arm. "I know you have some druggie. How could you've been so peaceful while Maya hit you today, huh?"

"Let go of me." Aurora said calmly.

"What are you going to do about it." Jackson asked with a smirk.

"I don't know what she's gonna do, but I might do something." Michaels fist was clenched by his side.

Jackson laughed, "Yeah, okay Reeves. You-"

"Hey! What's going on here?" A gruff voice shouted, Eric.

"Nothing, sir. Just asking the Amity a question." Jackson let go of Aurora's arm slowly.

"She's Dauntless now, you're all Dauntless now. You better start acting like it because last time I checked, it isn't brave to fight someone you know isn't going to fight back." Eric huffed and Jackson chuckled.

"Come on, Rora. Lets go." Micheal hooked his arm with hers and lead her away.

Aurora continued to stare at Eric, shocked by the sudden change of attitude towards her. If he was going to break her, then being nice to her would probably do it.

Maybe Michael was right, a little change was good.

____

The next day they started doing the basics, learning how to punch properly and block. Before they started, they had time to stretch and warm up. So Aurora did some yoga, trying to regain her balance from yesterday. Some of the initiates snorted why they saw what she was doing, but she didn't care. She just was doing what helped her.

"What the hell are you doing?" Eric asked, after getting himself warmed up.

"Yoga, it's supposed to help you find your balance and strengthen your muscles." Aurora said, continuing to hold her pose.

Eric just rolled his eyes and walked away. After that they practiced on punching. Aurora kept practicing as Four walked around, making sure everyone had proper form.

Eric watched from the sides are Four approached Aurora, the latter watching her punches. Aurora didn't pay him any mind, just kept practicing.

"You know, if you did fight back against Maya, you would have laid her out." Four commented.

"But I didn't." Aurora tensed up a bit, he punches becoming sloppy.

Four put a hand on her shoulder, causing Eric to scowl. "Bring you're shoulders down a bit."

Four noticed Eric's scowl, a small smile coming to his face. Four then continued to talk to Aurora, giving her tips and encouraging her. He was helping her adjust her stance, one hand on her hip, when Eric yelled. "Alright, that's enough punching for today. We'll move on to knives!"

Four smirked as he let his hand drop from the girl's hip. Eric liked Aurora, he just didn't know it yet.
___

Aurora slumped down in her bunk bed, after a long day of training she was ready to pass out. She was almost asleep when she heard quite sobs come from above her, Maya.

"Maya are you okay?" Aurora whispered, everyone else already asleep.

"Yeah, just leave me alone." Aurora didn't push it, she just left Maya be.

______

Bill Skarsgård as Jackson Hill