Not to mention that she threatened to castrate him. Yeah, you heard that right, Leila told him off like that. To be honest I was a tad bit surprised that she kept her tongue in check, she usually uses more vulgar terms.

On the other hand, Vixen never stopped guilt tripping me about the whole deal and I couldn't help but feel that he's doing that on purpose so I'll talk to Jace. But my stubborn self was in control, and although I felt a pang of guilt for ignoring him this long, I still didn't want to talk to him.

"By the way, I saw Veronica in the morning." Vixen smirked.

"And?" I waited for him to continue.

"Nothing, she just huffed and walked past me. But she did look like she wanted to strangle me." I snickered, looks like I put her in place.

After the incident with Veronica, Uncle Bryson gave me one hell of a scold and extended Veronica's stay for another week of so. Isn't the best of news, but I had no say in this. Anyway, I avoided running into her at all costs since it would lead to more trouble on my part.  

In the past two days, Leila and I explored part of the kingdom since we got bored out of our minds from sulking in our rooms. We went to a mall not too far away from the castle, and let's just say that we enjoyed ourselves a little too much.

Leila lived up to the definition of a shopaholic, buying a whole lot of clothes. And when I say a lot, I mean clothes that can fit an entire store. I wasn't that happy when she dragged me into a lingerie store, practically begging me to buy some lace items that caught my eye.

It'll come in handy, she insisted.

I left Vixen to fend for himself in the kitchen, certain that the chef will take good care of him and cook him a delicious plate that'll please his cravings. I made my way up to the guest room I was sleeping in.

That's true, I moved into one of the guest rooms. It may have been one of the stupidest decisions I've ever made, especially after Jace apologized, but I took that decision out of anger. And technically, Jace didn't apologize upfront, he just said he's sorry in a text.

So, that doesn't count as an actual apology.

When Jace found out, he wasted no time searching for me and banging on the door until it nearly collapsed. I couldn't be more thankful of Vixen's presence since Jace was about to actually break the door.

Being the loving best friend he is, Vixen knocked some sense into Jace, telling him that I'll talk to him when I'm ready. That didn't go out so well since I couldn't practically hear Jace yelling profanities, but it eventually worked out.

I laughed remembering Vixen's flushed face once he entered the room. You owe me big time, he said.

I closed the bedroom's door behind me and made my way to the closet, but I stopped in my tracks seeing a white box tied with a red ribbon placed on my bed.

That's weird.

The first thing I saw when I opened the box was a small letter. I ripped the seal open to read whatever is written inside of it.

Meet me at the top floor.

I'll be waiting for you at eight.

And wear the necklace.

                                         Jace.

My jaw dropped as I gazed at the box's content.

"That must've cost him a fortune." I said mainly to myself blowing out a breath I didn't know I was keeping.