richie tozier- we're just friends

A/N: I wrote this when I was 13, I'm so sorry ;o;

School. Gosh, even the word gives me immense ptsd. There's just something so chilling, so boring, so just... eh about going there. There. I didn't even want to grant it the respect of using its correct name- it just doesn't deserve it. The only positive thing about sitting in between those cold, bland walls for 6 hours a day was to see his face. He was a charming, distinctive young man.

Richie Tozier. He was genetically unattractive;  a round, plump pale face, messily framed with thick black glasses and equally as dark bowl cut. 5'9, if he wore his favourite blue Adidas sneakers and always, always sported a loose Hawaiian printed flannel, despite his mother's opinion of the awful garment.

As my mind raced away with the thoughts of the stupid boy my chemistry class loudly chatted nonsense about the room:

"Did you see what joey was wearing in the music video? He's such a hunk!"

"Have you completed that stupid math homework yet dude?"

Their words just flew through me; in one ear and out of the other, my brain was too full of other thoughts. More interesting, attractive thoughts.

Richie was my best friend, and had zero clue how much I thought of him. God- the boy had zero clue about anything unless it had to do with stupid video games. I never understood his obsession with those mind-boggling things. I know it was 85' but I hadn't realised that technology had reached that advancements just yet!

RIIIINNNGGG

Finally. The bell. The annoying sound actually brought a sense of happiness to me every time it brung throughout the halls.

Students- billions upon billions of them scattered and screamed up an down the schools measley grey halls, chanting profanities for laughs at one another. Slowly, I made my way through the sweaty bodies that lingered by their lockers, head lowered to the floor watching my shoes silently hit the dust-ridden floor, attempting to appear as invisible as I truly could. As always I waited by the pasty gym doors for Richie to meet me, my nerves felt like a bundle of elastic bands: all stretched around each other, one by one. Tensions in my body ran higher than ever as I saw him swagger down the hallway;it almost seemed like a movie montage.or maybe it was all in my head. With every step he took towards me I could feel like heart quake harder and harder.

How could he not see what he was doing to me?

"M'lady! How was chemistry? Boring as always I'm assuming"

How dos he do that? How does he make a such a simple question, such a dorky sentence sound so attractive?

"Oh be quiet you!" I hastily replied back, flashing him a cheery, underlyingly nervous grin, "how was geometry? Easy as always for you I'm assuming" I let out a shaky laugh, maybe even a bit too shaky

"Hey, you ok? You seem a bit, I don't now, off today- its very unlike you to be nervous. Especially around me, I haven't done anything have I?"

"God no Richie! Nothings wrong, I just erm-" I scanned my eyes around for an excuse, snorting out a response when my eyes cautiously laid on our fellow friend

"It's just I saw Eddie" god I'm so sorry for this Ed's "and I get nervous around because... yeah"

It was so obvious at this point that I was lying mercilessly out of my perfectly gritted teeth

"Oh" Richie responded in a disappointed tone, not removing his previous gaze from poor Eddie, "well,lets get getting going then shall we"

Noises seemed to get louder and louder with each breath I took and the corridor seemed much more long and looming than it previously did, rubbing my clammy hands on the purple skirt I was wearing Richie and I silently walked along. Our steps not in sync as they usually were; mine were a split second behind-maybe this indicated a change between the two of us. I really hoped not, as much as I would love to have Richie as my boyfriend, I value his friendship so much and didn't want to ruin it. It often seemed as if he was the only one there for me at times. Like, yes, I had the rest of the losers to consolidate its,but Richie was always the one that I felt most comfortable and safe around.

As the atmosphere changed to awkward I received a gentle tap on the shoulder.

Swivelling around I was greeted by Helen, the schools friendliest janitor,

"Oh could you two be a pair of dears and go get he broom from Mr.Mash's office downstairs for me?"

Mr Marsh. My jaw clenched: were Helen was the schools friendliest janitor mr marsh was the complete opposite.

He was tall, almost 6'5 with rich olive skin; neon shades of blue and green brightly popping through with the appearance of his veins. Grey,wiry hairs grew out of his wrinkled face, making him appear more frightening than he was before. The man hardly ever spoke, rumour is that he's only ever said one word in his entire life "run"

Richie and I often have conversations discussing what the basement is like. I imagined it as cold and grey however hiding underneath its boring exterior lied a secret lab. Richie thought I was delusional, and instead there was a dungeon filled with billions of previous misbehaved students who beneath our very feet at all times.

Looking at Richie, the awkwardness had now completely vanished. Excitement to explore this banished area of the school flowed throughout my body: dancing, twirling , jumping through my blood line ,diminishing out into the school with every exhale.

If I'd have known what I was walking into by agreeing to go down into the basement I would've have just skipped school that day, hell even skipped high school completely.

Stomping one foot on to the other down the rickety steps dow into the freezingly chilling basement my feelings changed to more scared than the excitement that coursed through my body beforehand

Knocking hesitately barley allowing my knuckles to touch the harsh wood of Mr Marsh's office door.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The sound seemed to linger in the thick air for what seemed like an eternity, until it was suddenly replaced with an ever so faint rustling from behind the door. The noise made my heart race pick up, my breaths get heavier and my hands get sweatier: I really I hope I didn't look like a mess in front of Richie, that would be the worst imaginable situation to occur right now

Turning to look at Richie, I had never seen such pure terror in his eyes. His pupils looking like two dark full moons that had once been floating  peacefully away in the midnight blanket sky. Just like to two thick knotted ropes his hands were roughly connected to one another, you could practically smell the fear emanating from him.

"K-knock a-again" whimpered Richie, sounding like tears were threatening to shoot out of their concealment and slide down his freckle spotted skin.

Shadowy figure

Penny wise appears

They confess feelings

Doors fling open

Talk about clown

Talk about how they feel

Kiss