Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I hear a knock at my door, very impatient.

"Brynnnn!!!!" Piper whines,"Hurry up! Daddy and Mommy are leaving soon!"

"They wouldn't leave me to go to my birthday dinner, Piper" I reply.

"Ya-ha! They told me!!" she replies.

"Okay. I'm almost done!" I call back.

I stand back and look in the full length body mirror with the doves on top. I'm wearing my Abercrombie dark wash jeans, an aqua frilly top, and my favorite pair of Sperry's; silver.

This time, Piper just walks into my room without knocking.

She's wearing a white tank top, pink jacket and light blue khakis. She gets her style sense from my mom.

"What are you wearing?" she questions. "It's your BIRTHDAY! Wear this..."

She goes over to my vast closet and pulls out an aqua floral-lace top, white jeans and a feather necklace from my jewelry stand.

Next, she has me sit down and goes over to the curler on my vanity and gives my hair a light curl.

She steps back and admires her work.

"One more thing..." she mumbles to herself.

Without hesitating, Piper walks over to my vanity and looks in the second drawer down on the left. How does she know my room so well? She pulls a of Sally Hanson tweaser out of the drawer.

Great... I hate being plucked.

She comes over to me and examines my face. In one quick movement, she plucks one hair from my eyebrow.

"Done" she says, stepping back to admire her work.

I get up and go to the mirror.

Wow.

I look... Beautiful.

The curls compliment my heart-shaped face. I never really curl my hair. I probably should more. The top looks much better than my other one, and shows off my "curves". And finally, the white jeans are perfect for this time of year. Spring.

I still can't believe how young she is, but how mature. 8 years old, and she knows how to pick out an outfit that fully compliments her sister who is 16. I'm still comprehending that navy doesn't go with black.

Wow.

Piper is now looking in the mirror of my vanity, applying some Maybelline Great Lashes mascara. She steps back so I can see.

Piper twirls around, letting me see her whole outfit.

She really is beautiful.

Her sea green eyes fixed on her heart- shaped face and wavy chocolate brown hair.

She has my moms face. Simply striking. You can never forget her face after meeting her. Good for a lawyer to have.

Dad on the other hand... My dad and I have light, crystal blue eyes and brown-blonde, straight hair.

I leave my tunnel of thought by my phone buzzing in my pocket. It's a group convo.

Avery and Cathy.

We call ourselves the ABC bunch.

*

A- HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE!! 😋🎉🎊🎁

C- HAPPY B-DAY SOCCA STAR!!!

B- Hey guys!! Thank you both so much! Can't WAIT for the shopping trip!

A- Me neither! I need to help you get some new clothes. UUGH! You really need my help.

C- So do I 😋

A- Deal. Dr. Avery will come to the rescue. 😷😸

B- Well, Dr. Avery and patient Cathy... I need to go. Family dinner time. I'll call you guys in the morning!

A&C- K. Byeeeee.

*

"Was that the girls?" Piper asked.

"Yeah" I reply,"They're bringing me out for a shopping trip."

"Avery's gonna try to get Cathy in a skirt again, isn't she." she says, knowing the answer.

"Yup" I say, popping the "p".

"BRYN, PIPER!" I hear my dad call from the steps. "IF YOU WANT TO MAKE OUR RESERVATIONS AT MIKIMOTOS, WE BETTER GO NOW!"

"Okay, Pop!" I call down. "Let's go, Piper."

She walks out of my room, but not before picking up a tiny black bag and handing it to me.

"Here" she says,"This will look nice with it."

"Thanks" I say and give her a hug.

As we walk downstairs and passed my house, I remind myself why it's so great to be alive and me.

***********

Authors Note:

Hi guys! I will try to post 1-2 times a week. It will get sooner once summer hits. 12 more days of school!

Roni