reality #1

_
hermione nervously brushed down top and skirt, tightly holding a bouquet of flowers in her spare hand. gosh, she felt so awkward getting him flowers but it was better than alcohol, so there was a quick trip to the shops. hopefully his masculinity wouldn't get in the way and he'd love them.

hermione sighed, waiting for the elevator to reach the penthouse. getting passed the front desk was a feat on its own, considering she and the man at said front desk wouldn't stop arguing—"i'm on a fucking date with him, sir" "no unauthorised access, miss" "i honestly swear to bloody hell and back—fucking call the rat—" "i'm told not to disturb—"

it wasn't until she finally called draco to notify him of her... problem that they finally let her up to his penthouse suite. and now here she was, smoothing down her black skirt and red wool jumper—please don't be formal, please don't be formal—and she was dying of nerves.

she held the bouquet tightly in her hands, jumping when the elevator dinged. the doors slid open and hermione was knocked breathless.

from what she could see, the penthouse was beautiful. expensive, yes, but absolutely breathtaking. white leather sofas, gigantic flatscreen, glass coffee table, spiral staircase, floor-to-ceiling windows, intricate paintings, a black grande piano, rugs that looked softer than her jumper—it was just so beautiful, in the minimalistic sense. everything was white and black, a few rose vases and the paintings adding a splash of colour here and there.

hermione started down at her beat-up converse and wondered if she should take them off or not.

"you're here!" draco called, rushing out of a door to her right. he smiled brightly at her and ushered her inside. "fucking hell, i completely forgot how arsehole-y the front desk are. i'm sorry—"

hermione laughed, giving him a lingering hug. oh gosh, he smelt so nice. like... cookies. or something like that. she pulled back from the hug and held out the flower bouquet. "for you."

draco raised an eyebrow at the sight of the flowers. "i feel as if this is supposed to be the other way round," he joked, taking the flowers out of her hand with a large smile. "but i love them. would've preferred some alcohol though—"

"as long as i'm around, you're banned from alcohol," hermione huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "not even cheap beer."

draco chuckled and held the flowers close to him. "no ones ever bought me flowers, you know," he hummed, taking her hand and leading her into the kitchen—which was another beauty on its own. oh lord, hermione wondered if he decorated the penthouse himself. if so, he's gotta decorate her apartment.

he filled a jug with water and placed the flowers in them, leaving them on the windowsill above the sink. "i guess there's a first time for everything."

the food cooking hit her then, making her almost moan. it smelt so good. honestly, who knew draco malfoy could cook?

"so..." draco drawled, wrapping his arms around her waist and smirking down at her. "living room or my room?"

"why yours?" hermione asked, crossing her arms.

"i have a tv," he started listing off a few other things. "and this comfy, big bed—a balcony—"

hermione giggled. "your room it shall be—but no funny business, malfoy! i will punch you if you try something."

he gasped, mock-offended. he even placed a hand over his heart. "ouch. you think so little of me, don't you princess?"

hermione shrugged, letting him lead her out the room and towards the spiral staircase. she was scared to even step on it in fear it would break under her weight, however she was pleasantly surprised that even when she jumped a little they stayed intact.

"well..." hermione trailed off teasingly, following draco to his room. it was beautiful—simple, white and black with floor-to-ceiling windows and a balcony. "surprise me."

draco laughed. "sounds like a plan."