» Thirty-Ninth Feelings

Začít od začátku

........

Finally, we entered the private premises and drove to the polo field to meet Quinn's cousin, Kate. To be honest, I was pretty nervous and excited at the same time because I knew that I would get to know more about my girlfriend, especially, her own family.

'So this is where my Quinn grew up', I thought while looking out the window. I wondered which part of this place she would always escape from her problem. On where she would take a rest and close her eyes for a while to release all her stress? I wished I was here with her when she needed me: a person she could turn into whenever she needs someone to share her trouble with. Trying to decipher the memories in my head, I grimaced how everything changed through time. How could I allow myself to forget those childhood moments with her?

As we pulled over, I swatted away my dilemma and four horses ran towards us which were ridden by some girls who were playing a while ago. They gave a swooning look at the arrival of the car and shifted their eyes to a girl who was riding a black stallion.

Once we all got out of the car, their beaming faces fell in annoyance except for the blonde who kept a monotonous expression as she swayed her legs over to jump down gracefully from the neighing horse.

"Oh my, they're lovely!" Tiana exclaimed, her eyes sparkled in amazement.

Bailey groaned beside her. "You're so impossible."

We walked towards them and as we got closer, I could see the resemblance from the girl who was now giving us a welcoming smile. Her hair locks possessed the same color as my girlfriend and the only differences were her amber eyes and she didn't have a pair of dimples on her cheeks when she smiled at us.

Obviously, she was my Quinn's cousin, Kate. I gave her a polite smile as we met them halfway. Tiana surged in first and I thought she was going to approach the girls to introduce herself but she just passed through them like they were not there and stared at the horses with a joyful grin. And here we were, thinking that she was pointing the girls as lovely and we just now remembered that she's a freaking pet lover.

Harry cleared his throat and introduced us as formally as he could. Kate gave me a short glance before she turned to Harry. "Is Quinn expecting them here?"

"I—I'm not...." Harry trailed off and looked at us, hoping that we could answer for him.

"No, Kate," Khloe responded quickly. "She doesn't know we are here. That's why we are looking for you to find where exactly she is."

Kate waved her hand dismissively and the girls behind her automatically strode away to continue the play we'd interrupted. As Kate fished out her phone from her front pocket, she took off her polo helmet and punched a few numbers before turning away from us to give herself a moment to talk to someone.

A frown crossed her face as she hung up and dialed for another call again. Clenching my jaw, I couldn't help but to think that there was really something wrong with my angel because it was bizarre that even the people here couldn't reach her nor aware of her well-being.

Finally, she walked back towards us and asked us to follow her to the little old mansion which was covered by clutched trees on the other side of the field. This was a private part of their club so I didn't see any stranger in the parameter except for the girls who were now playing in the field, not regarding us at all.

Once we got in, a Victorian interior swiftly held my eyes as the design welcomed us fashionably and classically. I looked at some frames hanging on the wall before Kate guided us upstairs.

"Where's my girl?" I boldly asked.

They all stared at me while Kate smiled. Her eyes were deep in amusement at my impatient tone. "She's on the way now so we might as well go upstairs and enjoy the view from the veranda. You can see her from there once she's arrived."