Chapter 27: I'm Sorry

Start from the beginning

Chloe breathed out very hard, and furrowed her eyebrows. "As I said, Nathaniel, I am who I am. If you can't handle a person with a dark past, a person who's trying to have  bright future; then we shouldn't even be together!" Nathaniel and Chloe paused for a second and locked eyes. Nathaniel's usually soft eyes, were cold as they looked into Chloe's cold sapphire eyes.

"You're right. Bye Chloe." Nathaniel sternly said. He grabbed his bag and left. Chloe sat still for a second, then she got up and went back to Sabrina.

Sabrina gave a big, warm smile as Chloe sat down. 

"Hey, you were gone for a bit. Was there a line at the desk?" Sabrina asked. She put down her book.

"Yes. It's all good. I need to leave now, but I'll see you tomorrow to get ready before the ball!" Chloe said, giving a fake smile.

"Okay. Oh! I forgot to tell you, I told Max yes. So we'll be going to the ball together. Is Nathaniel giving you a ride?"

Chloe rolled her eyes.  "Nathaniel and I aren't going together after all. It didn't work out."

Saabrina sighed and reached for Chloe's shoulder, but Chloe moved away. "I'm sorry Chloe, he seemed like a nice guy."

Chloe stood up to leave. "It's alright, I'm Chloe Bourgeois. I'm Chloe Bourgeois!  I don't need some small-minded, stupid boy to make me happy! Chloe screamed. The entire library looked her way.  Chloe left, with everyone watching her every move.

One person out of everyone in the library hatched a devious plan. All she needed was to flatter a certain boy... with red hair.

Meanwhile with Nathaniel....

Nathaniel sat on the stairs outside of the school. Feeling bad for everything he said.

Maybe I should go back in and apologize. She might have said some bad stuff, but I did too... Nathaniel thought. I didn't mean what I said about her mom's death.

"Hey!" A cheerful voice said from behind Nathaniel. He turned around to see...

"Hi.  Um, Lila, right?" Nathaniel asked. Lila smiled and sat down behind him. She sat very close to him. He blushed at how close she was. The clouds blocked the sun, causing the bright sky to go dark.

"Yes, Lila. I moved to this school and city and few months ago. You might have heard about me." Lila said in a flirtatious tone.

"Well, I heard your name, and I heard you got akumatized."

Lila rolled her eyes without Nathaniel knowing. She then, put on a sad face. "So I guess you already hate me, right?" She said in a sad, monocromatic tone.

"No. I don't hate you. A lot of people were akumatized. I was."

"Wow! So you understand how hard it is after you are saved by Paris' heroes? How everyone treats you differently for a while?" Lila asked.

Nathaniel nodded. "It's hard, but I got over it. You know, I keep feeling like a heard your name somewhere. Somehow, I feel like I heard something bad about you. Sorry."

Lila gasped. "It was Chloe again!" She faked sadness. "Chloe has been jealous of me since I moved here. She kept bullying me and spreading bad rumors. That must have been where you heard my name. You're her boyfriend, right?" 

Nathaniel couldn't believe what he was hearing. He knew Chloe was a bully, but why Lila? Lila seemed so sweet and innocent. Why? "Chloe and I are no longer together. I couldn't handle how she acts. Why did she pick on you?" 

"She is jealous, of how I act towards others. How kind I am." Lila lied, reaching for Nathaniel's arm. "You deserve better, Nath."

"Thanks, Lila." Nathaniel stood up, but before he left, Nath faced Lila. "Lila, I know we just met officially, but you're just so kind, and honest. Do you want to go on a date to this sushi restaurant nearby?"

Lila smiled a sweet smile. "I'd love to!"

"I can't believe that Chloe would bully a sweet girl like you. She's ruthless." Nathaniel said.

"Yes. Yes, she is."

As the new couple walked to the sushi restaurant, Sabrina heard the entire conversation from behind a column outside the school. Sabrina was stunned! She quickly grabbed her phone, and dialed a number.

"What is it, Sabrina?" The voice said from the phone.

{Sabrina} "Chloe! You won't believe what I just witnessed!"