Guardian Angel

"Sam Winchester. 16 year old son of John Winchester and late Mary Winchester. Little brother of Dean Winchester. Vessel of Lucifer, born into a hunting family. Troubled teen." Gabe read over the information of the kid he was being sent to protect. He had periodically watched over him from Heaven and knew he was in for an adventure. He knew three things about Sam; he wanted to be normal, he was gay, and he was stubborn. Gabe went to God and told him he was leaving and didn't know if he'd be back for a while. Then Gabe flew to Earth. He landed outside of the motel room Sam was able to have to himself and knocked softly on the door. Sam cautiously opened the door holding a gun behind his back. He looked at the blond haired and golden eyed man in front of him. "Who are you?" Gabe cleared his throat and said, "I'm Gabriel archangel of the lord. I have been sent to guide and protect you. God told me how you were in need of a guardian and chose me." Sam scoffed and said, "Quit bullshitting. Tell me who you really are before I get my brother or before I shoot you."

Gabe was slightly taken back but quickly regained composure of himself. Gabe asked, "Why do you think I would lie to you about such a matter?" On the inside Gabe was screaming. He's never this formal, and Sam was sooo fucking stubborn. Sam spat, "Fine. Get your ass in here." Gabe slid into the room. Gabe said, "Thank you Sam." Sam jumped slightly and stuttered, "H-how do y-you know my n-name?" Gabe said, "Well like I said...I'm your guardian angel." Sam crossed his arms and said, "Show me your wings." Gabe let his six golden wings fill the room and Sam nearly fainted at how beautiful they were. Heck Sam even thought Gabe himself was rather handsome. Sam said, "I believe you now Gabriel." Gabe smiled thankfully. Sam said, "Do I have to keep this a secret or...?" Gabe sat on the bed and said, "Up to you." Sam thought for a moment and said, "Can you go invisible? If so we could easily keep this a secret." Gabe said, "I can do that." He looked at Sam and thought how adorable the young Winchester looked. He pushed those feelings down knowing he could be stripped of his grace for falling in love with the human he was protecting.

Soon Sam heard the Impala in the parking lot and saw Dean and his dad heading to his room. Sam said, "Gabe go invisible." Gabe nodded and did so. But still kept an eye on Sam like he is supposed to. There was a hard knock on the door and Sam opened it. Dean and John walked into the room. John said, "You are in big fucking trouble Sam!" Gabe's eyes narrowed at John but he stayed put and invisible. Sam said, "What did I do?" Suddenly seeming like a three year old who accidentally broke a window. Dean looked sympathetically at Sam but kept his mouth shut. John said, "Your fucking teacher called me and said you were interested in college. I think you're confused. You're a hunter. That's it. YOU'RE A WINCHESTER ACT LIKE IT! We don't do college." And John slapped Sam across the face. Sam just looked down and bit his tongue. Gabe took a few calming breaths. John continued to scold Sam until Dean said,  "Let him go to college." John froze and turned to Dean. John chuckled, "What the hell did you just say?" Dean said, "Let him live his life. If he wants out let him get out of the hunting business. He's so smart dad, he can go farther than we can. So let him." All the fight drained out of John and Gabe silently said, "Thank you Dean."

John turned and stormed out. Dean said, "Stay here Sam. I'll keep a watch on dad and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." Sam nodded and Dean left shutting the door behind him. Gabe reappeared and quickly walked to Sam. He heaped the red handprint on his cheek. Sam began crying and said, "I just want to be normal..." Gabe said, "I know you do kiddo. I have no control over your future though." Sam hugged Gabe and Gabe hugged back. Over the next few years Gabe protected Sam, and only Dean knew about Gabe. Then Sam went to college and became great friends with Jess. Gabe couldn't help the jealousy even though he knew Sam was gay and Jess didn't feel that way about him. But that fateful night came when Sam became dragged back into the family business.

Sam sat in a motel room doing research while Gabe sucked on a sucker. They had become super close over the past few years and Dean teased the both of them relentlessly about it. Sam looked at Gabe and said, "Can I ask you something...?" Gabe nodded and said, "Anything Samsquatch." Sam took a shaky breath and said, "Do you love me?" Gabe said, "Yes." Sam said, "I mean in a relationship way..." Gabe chuckled and said, "I know. My answer is still yes." Sam smiled and said, "Good." Gabe zapped the lollipop away and leaned forward pressing a kiss to Sam's lips. Gabe felt a sharp pain in his back. Gabe yanked away and fell to the ground. His wings burned away and his grace left him. Sam watched the events unfold his eyes filled with horror. Gabe whispered, "I've fallen. I've been stripped of my grace. I wasn't supposed to fall in love...but I did and I don't regret it a bit." Sam said, "Why didn't you tell me that this would happen? I am so sorry..." Gabe said, "Sammy...kiddo it's fine. I swear." Sam helped Gabe up and Gabe kissed him again. Sam held onto Gabe and they pulled away. Gabe said, "Your lips are so soft I love it." Sam blushed and rested his forehead against Gabe's. Dean stood in the doorway smiling and he took a picture on his phone. "Finally..." whispered Dean.