Chapter Five

The week went by and the current week was almost over, it was now Thursday and tomorrow was valentine's day. My stomach twisted and turned and I almost felt sick at the thought. I can't stop thinking that Jeydon is going to ask some to be his valentine! It bothered me more than it probably should, ugh. Lunch had aleready happened and Jeydon seemed tired like the other day, it made me sad. The school day kind of wore me out and the only thing that really made me happy right now was that tomorrow was finally Friday and the weekend was coming, even though tomorrow was probably not going to be the best Friday. I finally got home and went straight to my room and layed in bed listening to some music while scrolling through my instagram feed. The rest of my day was chill, i ordered some pizza, ate, quickly finished some homework, took a shower and went to sleep.

The next day I got up brushed my teeth, quickly brushed my hair and speed straightened it, then slipped on an over-sized hoodie and some sweat pants. I went into the kitchen grabbed a granola bar and walked out to the bus stop. It was a nice day today, the sun was rising and you could see the blue sky free of any clouds and you could smell that fresh morning smell, I love it. The bus arrived after about three minutes and off to school I was. This is such a struggle. When I get off of the bus I immediately start walking to the empty hallway I usually got to in the morning's to wait for the bell to ring but on my way there I hear someone screaming my name. I stop and look around, there's so many people talking minding their own business, not to mention the thousand heart shaped balloons that said, "I Love You" and " Be My Valentine!" I was about to turn around and start walking again to my empty hallway when i felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around and I saw shane, he had a huge smile and was holding white roses, a small pink heart shaped ballon, and Sour Patch Kids. "Hey, um Jasmine, will you be my valentine?" he says awkwardly trying to hand me the things he got me. I don't know what to say, I don't want to hurt his feelings, plus he already went out to buy all of these things. Oh no I can't say no. I wonder how he even knows that white roses and Sour Patch Kids are my favorite.He must have asked Jeydon about my favorites, because he was the only one who knew about my adoration of white roses and my maybe somewhat obesssion with Sour Patch Kids.

"Uhhh....Sure." I say still shocked. He smiles hugs me and hands me the things he bought. I don't like Shane like this, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings either, ugh this is so conflicting. He walks me to my lonely hallway but right then the bell rings. "See you at lunch!" he says and runs to his locker so that he can get to his first class.

Later on that day I go to french class. I walk in and set down my things as usual, I take my seat and grab the book i'm reading for my english project, i'm actually really into it, and i'm not really the type to read so this has obviously got to be a really good book. Right then I hear a familiar high pitch squeal coming into the classroom, it was Samantha. By the looks of it, some guy is probably going to that party with her or something. She runs over to me and sits, she's got a huge smile on her face and it seems as though her happiness is never going to wear out! "So, what are you so happy about?" I say with a grin on my face. "A guyyyyyy...." she say's with that little girl anticipation of telling me. "Ooooo, a guyyyy... what exactly happened with this guy?" I ask trying to get her to just tell me, by now she was almost jummping in her chair, she just couldn't sit still. This guy must be extremely special to have Samantha like this, she doesn't usually get this excited over guys. "Welll... This guy... he asked me to be his Valentine!" she says jumping out of her seat, she's standing now. I stand up and hug her. "Oh my goodness! That's great Sammy! Now you won't be completely lonely today!" I say laughing. "Yay!...Oh no Jasmine we won't be able to do our movie night tonight, i'm so sorry. Can we move it to another night?" she says. "Yeah it's cool, don't sweat it, have fun tonight! You're only young once." I say with a smile on my face.

"So which one of the overly confident assholes that goes to this school is the lucky guy to be your Valentine?" I ask, I couldn't keep a straight face after asking that so I bursted out into laughter. "Hey! The overly confident asshole just so happens to be your best friend!" she says.

What. Did she just say what I think she said?! Maybe she's confused about who my best friend is. please let that be the situation! I can't breathe, I think i'm about to puke, i'm gonna cry, I can't cry. "Wait, sooo.... who exactly is my best friend?" I ask, hoping she say's Dylan or something. "Girl! You don't even know who your best friend is? Are you okay? Earth to Jasmine, your best friend is Jeydon." she says. I literally cannot hold back these tears, part of me wants to punch Samantha in the face but that would be unfair because it's totally not her fault. "Uh, I don't know if i'm okay actually, sorry i've been out of it all day long. I have to go to the bathroom I think i'm going to be sick." I say. "Do you want me to co-" She say's but I cut her off, "No! It's okay i'll be fine, just stay here and take the notes so I can copy them later." I say and run out of the classroom.

I ran to the bathroom and hid in one of the stalls, school bathrooms are so dirty, they disgust me, but I didn't have anywhere else to go, it's not like I could just dissapear. The bathroom was empty, thankfully. My eyes are full of tears, and I feel so heart broken and jealous and angry and ugh. I end up going to the office and they let me stay in there until the beginning of lunch. I walk to the cafeteria and walk to our table, they were all already there, in the same places that we usually sit, I was next to Shane across from Jeydon, and Samantha sat next to Jeydon across from Shane. "Um...hey." I say. "Hey! Jaz! Are you okay??" Samantha asks. I hate her right now, but I shouldn't, I mean it's not her fault and she cares about if i'm okay or not. Not to mention that we're friends... ugh I kind of wish we weren't but i'm not about to pull a bitch move on her when she's done nothing wrong. "Um, yeah I feel better now...I just needed to chill in the office for a while." I say with one of the most awkward smiles ever.

"what was wrong?" Jeydon asks, with a concerned look on his face. "Um..nothing serious." I say and put my head down on the table. "Oh okay." he says. "Jeydon! So, where are we going to go for our valentine's date after school?" Samantha asks. I wan't to sew her mouth shut right now. It's like she's rubbing it in my face that she's his Valentine! I know she's not though because she didn't even know that I liked him. "Um, well...I was thinking that we should just go to the movies. If you want." Jeydon says. "Yeah! That sounds great! We should go at around 7:30." she says. Jeydon nods in agreement. "Hey, Jasmine where do you want me to take you on our Valentine's Day date?" Shane says with a half smile. Ugh this is the last thing I need to think about right now. I don't want to go on a date with Shane, but i already said yes to him. "OHMYGOD JASMINE! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT SHANE WAS YOUR VALENTINE!" Samantha screams. I automatically think of Jeydon, I look over and his head is down, great he doesn't even care, I really wish that he cared about me the way I care about him, but he's just my best friend. Ugh, I always care too much about him and I kind of hate myself for it. "Um.... I don't really care you can pick." I say and half smile at him. "Are, you sure?" He asks. I nod yes and he shrugs.

This has officially been the wost Valentine's Day I have ever experienced.