Chapter 12- Forced Or True?

Start from the beginning

"Sorry they disbanded." He murmured lightly, Wendy blinked, nodding a little.

"Thanks." She smiled, "... if you don't mind my asking, but... you're a Mage, right?" She murmured,

"Yep." He smiled lightly, "Be a little hard to be in a Wizards Guild if I wasn't a Wizard, hehe~" Wendy blushed slightly, looking flustered.

"A-ah, right..." She smiled weakly, Corbynn shook his head slightly.

"I'm just teasing, Wendy." He assured lightly, "You're asking what sort of Magic I use, right?" Wendy smiled sheepishly, nodding a little.

"Yeah. If you want to tell me, anyway." She replied, Corbynn shrugged slightly.

"Don't see why not." He smirked slightly, "I use Force Magic."

"I've never heard of that."

"Mmmm, well its not all that common of a Magic as far as I know." He replied easily, "Force Magic involves creating and manipulating kinetic energy and force. I can manipulate air pressure and force, to send it out at people and break things. It's not... Well, you can't really see my Magic, but it's pretty flexible, and useful." He shrugged slightly, "It's less enthusing to watch compared to your Magic probably." He chuckled lightly.

"Oh no, that sounds amazing!" Wendy beamed, Corbynn blinked, smiling slightly at the reaction. "You must be a great Mage with that sort of Magic!"

"I do alright." Crobynn shrugged, "Honestly I only got this far with my sister teaching me Magic in the first place. And Frea's help training since then." Wendy's eyes gleamed slightly, looking surprised.

"Frea's Training you..?!" She breathed, he nodded.

"Yep."

"That... that's amazing!" Wendy breathed, "I mean, Frea's so strong, she must be a great Teacher! You're probably learning so much from her!"

"She does well enough." Corbynn sighed, sweatdropping slightly. "She's got her good days... someday's not so much. But she does her best, and I'm not incompetent, so I guess it's working." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "To be honest in the category of 'teaching' Chase would probably be the better pick, he's more... ah,  easy to get along with."

Wendy chuckled, looking amused as he blinked. "Sorry, I... I think I know what you mean. Frea can be a bit stubborn, from what I remember." Wendy explained,

"Oooh, yeah." He smirked,

"... hmm, so you and Frea are close?" Wendy asked softly, he blinked, sweatdropping slightly. Wendy's head tilted slightly at the reaction, blinking curiously.

"... yeah, I guess we kinda are." He mumbled, biting the inside of his cheek in slight nervousness. His eyes dropped a moment,

He'd never really thought about it, in all honesty... because she'd been there. All the time, without end since the day he had met her. They'd never been apart from one another a week or two, she was always there, always watching, always listening and always.... annoyingly sometimes, how often she was around and hovering, but it was- it was maybe a little comforting, though maybe he never thought about it.

But the idea of a world without that stony, stubborn, annoying Energy Dragon Slayer was not a pleasant one. He wasn't sure where he would be had she not showed up in that underground prison, had she not set him and Chess free, had she not strung them along to join this Guild and to fight against the Triad.... had she not been there, after Chess had....

He swallowed slightly, an ache flaring up in his heart without warning though it wasn't anything he wasn't used to.

Stony and stubborn and hard to get along with, yes. She was annoying at times and had a way of being overbearing and even a little insensitive, as well as unnerving when her anger got out of hand.