Chapter 1

Anti painfully gripped the edge of the counter while his eyes blurred with pain created tears. His entire body shook with searing pain as he gingerly removed the piece of glass that protruded from above his eyebrow. He stared intensely into the mirror as he carefully pulled the glass from its nook. As the glass was freed, a small dribble of blood poured from the open wound and swarmed around Anti's eye. Anti went to brush away the pooling blood only to catch a glimpse of the rest of his bruised and beaten body. Just the look of the torn apart skin mad"e his breath catch in his throat.

Tears swarmed in Anti's vision as he continued to stare at his ruined body. He was shirtless at the very moment allowing him to glance over every scar that has been produced over the past sixteen years. A tear ran down his cheek, meeting with the blood that dripped down from the open cut on Anti's right cheek. He ran his hand through his hair, causing bits of glass to trickle to the ground. The clinks of the glass startled Anti but he didn't dare take his eyes away from his reflection.

A few moments passed by until Anti finally began to wrap his wounds. He fumbled with the rubbing alcohol, already feeling the sting on his skin before applying it to the open cuts. A sharp gasp escaped Anti's mouth as he shakily applied bandages to the wounds. Almost immediately, the pristine white bandages turned to a murky red.

"Anti, darling, please come downstairs," Anti's mother purred from the staircase. Her drunken hiccups could be heard all the way in the upstairs bathroom, making Anti shiver in fear.

"I'll be down in a moment, mother," Anti shakily replied.

His mother hummed, "Well, come down soon. Your father and I have a surprise for you."

Anti shook his head fearfully, "Alright mother," He unwillingly answered, "I'll be right there."

There was no response from his mother, causing anxiety to swell in the pit of Anti's stomach. He didn't want to go out there and face his drunken parents. All he wanted to do was hide away in his bedroom and never come out again. But deep down Anti knew that would never take away the pain. Hesitantly, Anti slipped into the hallway.

He eyed the bloody handprints leading up the staircase as he slowly descended downstairs. Fear brewed unsteadily in his chest as he rounded the corner to the living room. His parents sat lazily on the large sofa, both chugging away at glasses of wine. 

"Darling," Anti's mother hummed, "How lovely of you to join us." 

Anti blinked at her oddly welcoming tone, "You called me down here, remember?" He whispered. 

His mothers head bobbed, "Ah yes, I do remember. Come say hi to us, dear, we haven't seen you since this morning." 

"I'm sorry, mother, I must have forgotten to greet you when I came in from chores. Hello mother, hello father," Anti mumbled cautiously.

Anti's father's head shot up from his concentrated glare on his glass, "Pretty petty of a hello," He grumbled. 

"I'm sorry-"

"Don't fucking say sorry to me!" Anti's father roared. He shakily rose to his feet and stalked towards Anti. "You're pathetic," He grumbled when Anti cowered in fear.

Before Anti had a chance to respond, a sharp sting coursed through his cheek. He blinked with shock as he brought his hand up to touch his bright red cheek. "Wha-" Another blow pounded down on Anti's head. He crumbled to the floor, disoriented and confused.

"You know, son," His father growled from above him, "I never asked for you to be born."

"I know," Anti whispered before his father kicked him square in the jaw. 

"Shut up! Do not speak!" His father seethed. 

Anti weakly nodded, caressing his jaw lightly as it throbbed with pain. His father stomped on his stomach causing all air to rush out of Anti's lungs. He gasped for breath as his father kicked him in the jaw again. Tears swarmed in Anti's vision as he tried to get away from the painful blows. His father just laughed in his pathetic attempts. He brought his fists down on Anti's already bruised skin, finding every nook and crevice that has yet to be harmed. Anti laid helplessly on the floor, begging for his father to stop. His father just grunted at continued on with the merciless beating.

Eventually, his father stopped when he was no longer amused with the beating. He carelessly wiped his bloody hands off of his shirt, before stumbling over to the couch to sit next to his now sleeping wife. His head rolled lazily to the side while his eyes fluttered closed. Soon enough, he joined his wife in a peaceful slumber.

Anti laid helplessly on the floor in front of them. He clutched his throbbing stomach while wheezing in pain. His vision blurred with a black borderline while he danced on the brink of unconsciousness. He groaned softly as he pushed himself to his feet; the fear of his parents waking up pushed him forwards. Anti stumbled back to the stairs, painfully crawling up every step before collapsing at the top. 

It was in that spot that he finally succumbed to the darkness that took over his mind.

Yo, I finally got around to rewriting this book. 

Now it's gonna be another two months until I get another update out. Oof.