Chapter 13: Deja Vu

Ash woke up early in the morning once again. He saw Pikachu was asleep still along with everyone else, so he decided to try and sneak out.

Of course, he kicked something on the  way out the door, and two Pokeballs open on their own.

Latias and Lucario walked up to me. "Where are you going so early?"

Ash smiled. "Sorry. Did I wake you two?"

They shook their heads. "No you didn't. We were awake, but we would've missed you had you not kicked that table."

Ash nodded. "Well I was about to go and sit up by one of the cliffs and watch the sun since everyone else is asleep. You both want to come with me?"

They nodded, so all three of them left the room without a sound. They continued like that until they made it out of the Pokemon Center and continued to walk for the cliffside. It was a famous spot among the Plateau that many enjoyed visiting, so Ash wanted to check it out.

"So Ash, what's the big plan for our next match?" Latias asked.

Ash thought for a second. "If I remember, my next match is against a guy named Tyson. If I'm right, then this is a friend of mine from Hoenn."

Lucario nodded. "I think you mentioned him once. Is he the one with the Meowth?"

"Yeah he is. So you're up Lucario. I can't remember his whole team from before besides a Donphan he had. I'll check his profile later."

As they got to the cliffside, they began to sit as dawn broke over the horizon in front of them. The sky was mixed with a black behind them, which formed into purple about halfway across the sky. It then turned into a violet, then a red, then an orange at the break in the sky. Everything around them was calm as they continued to watch the sun rise.

Ash chuckled. "I could watch this all day."

"You think the others will care if we stay here a while?" Latias asked.

"Maybe, but we'll see once we finish watching. It's rare you get this good of a view after all." Ash said.

.........

Everyone began to wake one by one. They all met up by the dining area for breakfast. When they were all awake, they started to wonder where their missing friend was.

"Anyone seen Ash this morning?" Professor Oak asked.

Lillie shook her head. "He wasn't in bed when I woke up, so I guess he got up early."

Bonnie put on a curious look. "Should we go find him?"

Brock shrugged. "Maybe. His match is first up and if he misses it, he is out of the tourney."

Cilan nodded. "Yeah. Let's go look around."

As they began to stand up, they saw a Pokemon appear in front of them. Before they began to respond and see what it was, it used Hypnosis and all of them were out cold. Before they were out, snickering could be heard around the corner.

.........

Ash and his Pokemon walked into the Pokemon Center an hour before his battle would start. He saw none of his friends around, which struck Ash as odd.

He began to review Tyson's trainer profile and find out his main team. "Alright. Shiftry, Sceptile, Hariyama, and Metagross. There's also his Donphan and Meowth. Maybe I can roll with Lucario, Charizard, and Krookodile."