Chapter 11: Duels for Dinners

Ash POV

Cilan walked out of the Locker room towards us, all while avoiding press again. How he did it so easily, I don't know.

I walked up and fist bumped him. "Nice win, Cilan. I knew you had her."

He smiled. "Yeah. I still can't get that last question she asked out of my head. It really bugs me how she put it."

I looked at him. "What was it?"

He scowled at the thought of it. "She asked why I still looked up to you before you became champion."

"I get it. I think she may come pleading forgiveness at some point."

"So what are you going to do, Ash?" Misty asked.

"Simple. I will deny her forgiveness. Her simply asking is too easy. If any of them want true forgiveness, then they have to do something about it. Words are meaningless compared to actions." I stated.

Lillie took my hand. "Spoken like a true champion. So what now?"

"Well, Brock's match and my match aren't until tomorrow now, so I guess we can either prepare or just relax." I said.

"Well in that case..." Lillie fished a flier out of her bag. "Can we go eat dinner? There is this new eating place where we can go to that is nearby."

I was curious about this. "What type of restaurant?"

She smiled. "You may like this. It's a restaurant based on battling. It's called the Battle Diner. We can go there and participate in Tag Battles to earn a meal. If we win, our meal is half price."

"Sounds like the 7-Star Restaurant back in Sinnoh. I'm down for this. Who will everyone partner with?" Brock asked.

Bonnie smirked. "Simple. Misty and I will partner up, you and Cilan, then Ash and Lillie. Does that seem right?"

Everyone agreed. But then I realized someone was missing. "Hey, wait. Where is Professor Oak?"

"He mentioned something about going to talk with Gary on the phone. He said not to worry about him." Misty said.

"Alright. So where is this place anyways?" Bonnie asked.

"Says here it's not too far from the Pokemon Center here on the Plateau. There is a sign that points it out, so we should be fine." Lillie said.

"Ok. Let's go then." I said.

Traitors POV

Iris walked up to her friends. "I can't believe it... "

"It's fine Iris. Besides, he only won because of that stupid Z-move thing. When will they not use them?" May said.

"Well, the only 2 battles left from us are Drew and Barry's, and Dawn's. I guess we have time today. What do you all want to do?" Paul asked.

May pulled out a piece of paper from her bag. "There is this place that's kinda similar to the 7-Star Restaurant from Sinnoh. It's called the Battle Diner, and we can battle there to get half off on our meal. Anyone want to go?"

Everyone besides Delia said yes, as she wanted to call Mr. Mime and see if the house is ok.

Serena stood up. "Do you mind if I go grab a friend from Kalos to join us?"

"Go get them, and we will head over there." Drew said as Serena began to run off.

Ash POV

"Well here it is." Said Lillie.