Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Your heartbeat gave you away." he stated, now sitting up from the bed and lounging back against his bed frame.

"Sorry, want me to stop it for you?" I said, sarcasm dripping off my voice. Ryan gave me a disapproving look, I rolled my eyes.

"I'll do it for you!" a voice yelled from another room, eavesdropping Peter I presume.

"He really hates me doesn't he?" I sighed, thinking about the one short time he was relitively nice, every other time, he has been a right little bitch.

"No, he doesn't hate you." Ryan stated, looking at me, I raised my head to look at him confused.

"Uh, I think he does." I stated, how could you not miss the annoying and hateful comments towards me?

"No, he doesn't." Ryan repeated sternly, I gave him as look of surprise, Peter didn't even come in to defend himself, did he want to hear what Ryan had to say.

"He's jealous." Ryan said in an obvious tone, what would he be jealous of.

"He's jealous because you get to be normal, he lost that chance a long time ago, we all did." Ryan finished. I expected Peter to charge in and argue against his words, but he didn't, which made me wonder whether there was truth to his words.

"In case you haven't noticed, I'm not entirely normal, remember I'm the insane one!" I joked, smiling, Ryan returned the smile. His eyes darted to the object in my hand, the invitation, if that's what it was called, more of a threat or forced upon bribe.

"What's that?" he asked curiously, he went to reach out to grab it. I quickly moved my hand up out the way, just before he reached it, he frowned and then smirked, he flinched for a second, but I didn't realise that wasn't a flinch. He had flitted, grabbed the paper and sat back down in less than a blink of an eye. He waved it in front of my face in victory.

"Sheesh...I was getting there, impatient or what?" I mumbled, waiting for him to read it, his eyebrows knitted together in anger.

"I don't know what to do?" I stated, just as Ryan had finished reading it.

"Your not going." Ryan growled "We can deal with Dante, but you are not going to this." Ryan said furious.

"Ryan, be reasonable about this." I pleaded, I didn't want anyone to get hurt and I definitely wasn't going to get anyone killed.

"I am." Ryan replied "Your not going."

"B-" I whined, my words were cut off.

"YOUR NOT GOING ELIZA, THAT'S FINAL!" Ryan boomed, his voice sent shivers down my spine and I didn't expect this reaction. I stayed quiet and ran out the room, Ryan didn't even think twice about his words

I could feel my tear ducts fill up, but I would not show the satisfaction of how Ryan made me like this. I ran downstairs and Tobias grabbed me into a hug, I accepted his offer and snuggled close into him, he was a fair bit taller than me, and placed his chin over my head. We didn't talk, I just let myself wrap myself into a hug, he was like ice, but at that moment I didn't care, it was cooling me off and my anger was radiating away.

"Tobias, what am I going to do?" I asked, he didn't know what i was talking about, he hadn't read the invite but he comforted anyway.

"Explain it all."

I told him everything, he didn't interrupt or get angry, too much. He sat and listened, then raged afterwards.

"What a bastard!" he growled, digging his nails into his palms.

"I can't not go! Dante will hurt everyone." I stated, rubbing my eyes, trying to think of a compromise.

"Then...Break the rules?" Tobias suggested.

"I-I-I can't do that!" I exclaimed, widening my eyes in horror, he rolled his eyes, or at least I think he did they were too damagaed to tell.

Tobias looked around the room quickly, before going through the cabinet drawers, scrunching up useless stuff. He yanked out a piece of paper,and pen and scribbled down something.

'Are you going to be a pushover?'

I frowned at his response and snatched the one and paper away from him and wrote down my thought.

'No, I am not a pushover!'

'Could have fooled me.' then he quickly scribbled it out so I wouldn't see it, I curled my hands into fists and as much as I wanted to dent that pretty little face, I couldn't.

'Let's do it'

Somehow whenever we write to each other so vampires can't hear us, I'm always ending up doing something I'm not meant to be doing.

I had to get a dress, and there was still the matter of getting someone to go with.

"Eliza, Wait!" Tobias called shyly, as I walked towards the door, I turned around to face the remains of his pretty little face.

"I-I was wonder-" he watched me raise my eyes as if to tell him to hurry up. He nodded.

"I will tell you on the way." he told me, I smiled and so did he, before we rushed out the door, but I grabbed him a pair of glasses that happened to be laying to the side table by the door.

Once we were down the steps, we thought up everything we needed to buy me, that Dante told me to wear; a dress, and then I needed dress shoes and all of that snazzy stuff, I have to be dolled up like a model, and I hate that, he's not going on my good list.

But the worst bit...I had to save him a dance!

I had to dance a whole song with the Vampire boss man, scary or what!

I walked down the brick stairs, where I happened to have smashed my body into pieces on. Tobias followed behind me, I stopped when I reached the bottom, a huge limousine was parked directly in front of the house, and what seemed to be a chauffeur was standing by the door, he smiled at me.

"Miss. Redfield?" the chauffeur asked, I looked to Tobias, he looked to me before turning his attention to the dirty blonde haired man.

Uh, oh.

-----------------------------

Apologies for the shortness of this chapter. Please, I know my other book 'supernatural academy' is the one you guys have mainly been eating for, but right now, this is the priority, maybe voting for this story aswell, I might think that I can get the other book done, anyway...any comments on this shortie of a chapter??