Chapter Ten

Once we returned into the house, I struggled to coorospond to anything that had just happened, I walked s if I was a zombie, a lifeless mess. Peter told me that he was going to research, because apparently I was something called an Aphraver, and I dont know what the fuck that is, they won't tell me, until they are definitely sure.

Why did I have to be the special one, why not some other person, my life can not get any worse!

"Eliza, you realise you have been standing in that spot for 10 minutes and not moved an inch." A voice told me from behind, I processed it to be Adam's, and by the quiver in his tone, he was a bit anxious.

"MmmHmm..." I mumbled quietly, still thinking to myself.

So much has happened, so much has changed my life, and one question comes to mind; why me?

I turned around to face Adam, but didn't say a word, I just walked into the living room and tucked myself upon the sofa, something in my life has to be normal. Mustn't it?

I sat there for about 30 minutes, unbothered by anyone, but if it isn't the one thing I have, learned while being here, good things never last.

A quiet knock landed on the wooden door, and no one in the house moved to answer it, so I thought I had better.

I cautiously stood up from where I was standing and walked towards the old door, I reached out to open it and I pulled it open, there stood a shady boy, wearing all black, he stalked forward so I could see him in full vision. He looked at me, and raised an eyebrow, I opened my mouth to speak, but instantly Ryan appeared at the door.

"Urm..Ryan there is a little girl in your house." the boy standing outside said a bit harshly I may add. What is it with people outside the door calling me little. I'm not that little.

"No shit Sherlock!" Ryan replied sarcastically. I laughed quietly.

"Umm...Ryan.." my words were cut off by Ryan.

"Eliza,I know what your going to ask, Yes He is a vampire, but he's fine." Ryan sighed.

Oh,ok." I looked over to to boy, and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Josh, nice to meet you Eliza..." Josh said, he went to reach a hand out for me to shake, but he couldn't get past the doorframe, it puzzled both Ryan and Josh. Josh tried placing a foot through the door, but it wouldn't let him.

"Ryan why can't I get in?" Josh said through gritted teeth. Ryan looked over to me and narrowed his eyes.

"I'm not doing anything?!" I quickly defended "Honestly!" I added.

Ryan turned away from me and turned to Josh and then started laughing quietly, releasing what was going on, however I did not have any clue.

"Oh, I get it... Eliza lives here so,you must be invited in now." Ryan stated, smiling and Josh's valiant attempts to get in.

"So, that's why Alexander asked me to invite him in." I realised to myself. "I just thought he was being polite." I mumbled at the end.

"Wait! You INVITED Alexander into the house?!" Ryan gasped, "I stand by my statement that your are insane."

"HhtHmm..." Josh coughed to get our attention "Are either of you going to invite me In, or are you going to have a vampire parenting session?" Josh grumbled, to us.

"I will speak to you later." Ryan said pointing at me.

"Come in Josh." Ryan said, wavering his hand around Indicating for Josh to enter and this time when Josh tried to come in, the door allowed him to. I sighed and walked away, I could place a bet that it was going to be a boring conversation.