Chapter Twenty-Three

My thoughts rolled around playfully in my head. So many unanswered questions, so many confusing things, but my long worry was for Tobias, as I was about to walk into the living room to provide as much comfort as possible, the door made a loud thud indicating that someone was knocking, I sighed, really? Right now?

I pulled myself over to the door and opened it up, a small wooden creak, rung in my ears. Now I caught my gaze on Emerson, for gods sake?! I thought in my head, he has to visit now? Didn't I tell him to go away?

"Umm...Hi Eliza." he said nervously, twitching his finger anxiously, it was kind of cute how he got all worked up over seeing me.

"Hi Emerson, nows not a great time-" I told him, I saw the pained expression on his face, he was upset and I hated seeing him like this, and then as if to really piss me off, Tobias walked out from the living room and gave Emerson a sneer, he looked frightening even with the blood on his face. Emerson's stance tensed, I could almost see the anger radiating off of him.

"What is he doing here?" Emerson said, pointing to Tobias as he walked past, I didn't have an answer that wouldn't annoy him more, fuck! Boys are just so annoying!

"Emerson, stop going all jealous on me!" I squealed, okay that came out all wrong, Emerson was taken aback now, and stormed away home.

"Emerson...No, I didn't!-" I tried to yell, but he didn't want to hear it and continued walking. I slammed to door and turned to Tobias.

"You did that on purpose didn't you!" I accused, narrowing my eyes.

"Maybe?" he replied cockily. I really do hate boys. I gave him a hard punch on the shoulder, but it seemed to effect me more than him.

"Ow." he faked, pulling a face I grabbed my knuckles that were now sore. I was so glad it was the opposite hand to the one bandaged. In fact I don't think I even needed that now. I would keep it on just so they all know I'm fragile.

"What are you still doing here?" I spat annoyed! He tried to attempt a smooth smirk, but emotion prevented him to.

"Sorry, I'll leave if you want, but could I borrow a pair of glasses? It's still daylight outside." he said, having a quick glimpse out of the window and twitching.

"No, it's cool, just umm...have you ever heard of the Black Rose Ball?" I told him asking the question, I couldn't send him away, he was still red and his eyes looked like they killed.

"Black Rose Ball? No, doesn't ring a bell." he replied, looking up thinking. "Why?"

"No reason." I lied, I didn't think it was necessary for him to know everything.

"Ok, back in a minute." I said quickly already half way up the stairs, he nodded and disappeared into the living room.

I wonder where Tobias is going to go, if his house burnt down and he-he doesn't have any family?! What will he do? I doubt the boys will say yes to him staying here, that would be a big no no. What would he do?

Anyway, there was still time, but I had to know about this 'ball' because I did not want a war happening because I don't know, who, what, where and why about this.

I sneaked into Ryan's room because it was the closest and found him lying on his back with his eyes closed, one hand rested over his forehead and the other lay at his side, I tiptoed closer being super quiet. No way could he hear me, I stood at the side of his bed, ready to yell 'Macaroni and Cheese!' which happened to be a random moment in my head, heaven knows what goes on in there.

"You can't sneak up on a vampire Eliza." his voice made me jump, he didn't even open his eyes, and he didn't move an inch, how did he? And as if he read my mind he answered.