Chapter 5: Why all of the sudden?

It was already the middle of May. I didn't text nor called Juliette for a month or two. Woken up by a text from Juliette one day that said, "Good morning sleepy head. ^.^ I heard you were sick so today I came up to check up on you. I'm downstairs. Your dad's a cool guy :)"  What the fuck? Juliette? In my house? Uhh what is this mockery. I got up from bed and threw the phone gently onto the bed. My hair looks like shit. Life's shit too anyways. 

                   As I went down the stairs, I heard something I wouldn't expect to hear today. Dad's laugh. Since I came back, he rarely laughs. He was so busy talking to Juliette. They were talking about one of dad's favourite novels, Jane Eyre. I was happy that dad can finally find someone to talk about novels like those. I came down. "Hey there." "Emma! Good morning!" She got up and kissed me in the left cheek. I was shocked. "Let me get you your breakfast. You just sit down with your dad and we'll hang out later okay? Your hair is a mess." She giggled. She must have known that I recovered from the bad fever.

                    I sat down next to dad. "She's sweet," dad said with a smirk. "Of course she is," I replied with a pokerface. "You and her, you guys are.. You know.. Ehemmm?," he asked. "Nope. Geez dad. Just because she kissed my cheek, doesn't mean she's my girlfriend," I thundered back and buried my face in my arms on the table. "Hey hey! Heads up! Here's your breakfast," she said bringing in a plate with three pieces of toast and a fried egg in it and also a glass of hot cocoa. I just replied with a smile. Dad got up and said he needs to go to work for a while and leave the house for us two.

                    After dad left, I can't help but notice that she was staring at me eating. "Why don't you watch the TV? It's better than staring at my face," I said with a concern and added, "Or text your boyfriend?" "Neh. I rather chill here and ask you questions," she replied. "What do you want to ask?," I asked. "What kind of girl do you like?," she then asked. I really don't want to answer that question. I mean can't she see that it's her that I like? "Uhh, probably just a simple kind of girl, not to fancy or so on," I gave a dumb excuse. She just laughed and replied, "Why? Because you're too complicated to understand?! HAHA!" 

                   "Meh. Haha. Wanna hang out in my room?," I asked. "Yeah sure," she replied while still laughing.