Chapter 7

"Are we there yet?" Nora quipped.

"No," Ren answered. "And we won't be there for awhile."

"...are we there yet..?" Nora asked again.

"No."

"ARE WE THERE YET!?" Nora screamed.

"Nora! Does it look like we're there?" Ren told her.

"...well, to me it does!" Nora whined. "It all looks the same! How am I supposed to tell the difference?"

"Use common sense, perhaps?"

Everyone was on edge- getting slightly irritated. They were getting closer to Haven- closer to another academy that could potentially be in ruins.

Joy, they couldn't wait.

There was only one person who genuinely wanted to go, and that was Ruby. Ruby didn't care so much for the academy, however, so much as Weiss.

Although the girl had tried to hide her excitement, she gave up.

"We're going to Haven Academy!" Ruby shouted. "it's going to be so cool! And Weiss is going to be there! Team RWBY... Unite!"

Jaune looked away as the three girls celebrated. His team could never be complete again, no matter how hard he wished it was...

Nora and Ren looked at each other worriedly. Ren placed a hand on Jaune's shoulder.

"I'm okay," He muttered. "Let's just keep moving."

"Weiss is going to yell at me like crazy when we see her," Ruby groaned. "But I'm still excited! Well, not to get yelled at, but..."

"Ruby," Yang interrupted. "Weiss isn't going to yell at you. She's going to hug you first, and then she'll probably scold you."

"Or... She'll just yell at you," Blake said. "She's Weiss."

"Well, I mean..." Yang laughed. "True."

As much as Jaune hated to admit it, he was jealous of team RWBY. They were all still together, had a great leader, and were being reunited. Team JNPR could never be together again, had himself as a leader... They were screwed from the start.

Pyrrha would've been a better leader. She should've been assigned the role.

He just shook his head at himself. He couldn't think that. Not now. He had to stay focused, and-

"Jaune?"

He turned around, startled.

I swear that's Pyrrha...

He chuckled softly to himself.

Great. I'm hallucinating! Hallucinating..

"I'm sorry!"

He closed his eyes as memories of the redhead saving him from falling flooded his mind. He would... probably be dead without her.

What of it now? He needed to train. To make himself better. To be a good leader.

He had to, for Pyrrha's sake.

"Good, Jaune..."

Dammit. Why couldn't these voices go away? He never thought she'd be the one to haunt him. Out of everyone, he expected it to be Cardin if he died before Jaune. But instead, it was his partner and best friend...

What had she even seen in Jaune, anyway? She should've ditched Jaune and hung out with the more popular folk, although he supposed that she was the more popular person. He knew that she hated that title, and that's why, but still... it was such an odd thing for someone to be drawn to.

Then again, Pyrrha wasn't exactly normal.

"Jaune, you coming!?" Ruby called, snapping him out of his trance. They'd continued walking, leaving Jaune behind.

He looked up, and smiled.

"Yeah."

<><><>

They were finally there.

Haven Academy.

"We're here!" Ruby celebrated. "Woohoo!"

"Ruby, don't go attracting so much noise!"

A shrill voice scolded Ruby, and all the members of team RWBY... RBY cheered.

"Weiss! You're back!" Ruby hugged the girl. "Yay!"

"We're all together," Blake muttered. "Wow..."

"Yeah! Up top!" Yang high fived the shorter female. "Team RWBY's back in action!"

"Wow, Blake was right!" Nora giggled. "First thing she did was yell."

"What I'd do for some peace," Ren sighed. "I don't know what else to expect."

The girls continued to smile and hug each other, glad to be together again.

Team JNR stood at the side, a bit dejected from their celebration.

Pyrrha...

There was a growling noise, startling all of them.

"Get ready!" Jaune called. "Grimm incoming!"

"You got it!"

However, it was a singular Grimm. Only one. It wasn't an Ursa, or a Nevermore, or even a lone Beowolf.

It pounced on Jaune, scratching at his face as he did his best to ward it off. It growled at him loudly, and something threw him off about the creature that he stopped fighting it completely. His mouth gaped open and he yelled "NO" as Nora went to kill it.

It had a golden armband.

"Pyrrha?"

Okay can we just take a moment and respect the fact that Yang got completely crushed by Neo and Raven demolished Cinder

Praise be to Neo and Raven